St Mirren v Celtic ☘

Both Kyogo and Idah starting

1 Like

Attack attack attack

Hard when you’ve a ponderous distribution from the back.

2 Likes

With a line up like that I’m going for 6-4 win for Celtic after extra time. Should score plenty but no protection for a back 4 that would rival the worst of the 90s teams.

1 Like

Pitch is atrocious

We’ll take it 1-0 Kyogo

Maeda 2 zip

Yeah it was really bad. Don’t think Celtic were that fluent yet again but there were occasions when attempts to build up from the back & play through midfield were scuppered by the pitch. That said, a nice counter attacking move for the first & the early second half goal removed any real tension from the game. They had a few corners & crosses & the ball bounced around the box a bit but they didn’t cause too many issues. Hard to make any definitive conclusions about the Idah & Kyogo combination & whether Kyogo playing deeper will be more effective than having the third centre midfielder. I thought Bernabei got stuck in well again actually. It’s really chaotic with him but he did some good things again.

Scales is like lad playing over 40 seven side.

Home to Livingston in the quarter final.

Yeah Bernabei has improved with the games to be fair.

We got Kyogo more involved anyway. I guess when Hatate is out it allows us to push O’Riley deeper and Kyogo has an ambitious range of passing like Hatate, unlike Bernardo.

Yang looked lively when he came on too.

But the main takeaway was it was a pig of a pitch.