Stage Dublinness -a Roy šŸ Curtis education

We used to be a proper country.

Cyril was apoplectic about this U17 nonsense and no Minor Final on All Ireland Final day on OTB this morning.

3 Likes

ā€œI remember Dublin City in the rare auld timesā€

1 Like

Surprised he lasted as long as he did in a glorified tabloid like the Indo considering their new owners were looking to cut costs. Iā€™m sure heā€™ll pick up a bit of freelance or maybe write a book.

He will have no bother. Big following. But I was told he was stunned beyond the beyonds at news.

Brendan Fanning also chopped.

3 Likes

The phoenix saying ian o doherthy and his wife have lost a lot of money and he isnt flavour of the month anymore

Yeah Iā€™d say he probably thought heā€™d see his days out there like his hero Con houlihan but the journalism world is a different place now.

1 Like

Welcome Roy, this forum needs you.

You donā€™t cross Big Split Season and live to tell the tale.

1 Like

Great news.

Hopefully a similar one will emerge about John McGuirk, the only journo quite his match in the odiousness stakes.

2 Likes

Think it said o doherthy has gone from a daily article to a weekly one

I donā€™t like to hear about anybody experiencing hard times, but if anybody has to experience hard times Iā€™d rather it was somebody like Ian Oā€™Doherty or John McGuirk.

Itā€™s a bit similar to how when I hear that there has been a mass shooting in America, I hope the victims were Trump supporters. Itā€™s not that I actually want anybody to die (maybe Putin, Netanyahu and Itamar Ben Gvir) but when I hear that somebody has died, itā€™s better if it turns out to be a horrible person with awful values that has died rather than a sound person with good values.

Further to the above, I see Itamar Ben Gvirā€™s car overturned while running a red light today.

1 Like

Earning too much too long ā€“ and too long believing his own hype. Made bad friends through tardiness on deadlines.

Will be interesting to see where he lands.

Can understand why people like his stuff but have personally always thought such stuff utter shite, the worse kind of passive aggressive insincere gladhanding, shrubbery for an ego hide.

Kimmage is a more sharp edged version of same syndrome. As was Vincent Hogan.

1 Like

Brendan is well able to write. He wonā€™t go hungry.

2 Likes

Yes. Read article yesterday. He is toast.

An obnoxious moronic talentless gobshite in every way. Did well for himself.

4 Likes

Ah noā€¦seriously

Thatā€™s a perfect description of the horrible cunt.

3 Likes

I like Roy in a similar way to how I like Des Cahillā€™s shit jokes. Familiarity. Comfort. Roy may not be the worldā€™s greatest writer, but heā€™s positive and you can tell he genuinely does love life and chooses to focus on the good things in it. When he focusses on the negative itā€™s because he genuinely wants things to be better than they are.

He really would be a great man to have a pint with.

1 Like

Itā€™s a dark day Iā€™m gutted with that news

6 Likes

Roy is a GOOD LAD.

2 Likes

As you said I felt uplifted reading his pieces, positivity all round, I canā€™t believe he was canned

3 Likes

Roy will surely find his true calling, reviewing pints, as the Sunday Worldā€™s, Pub Spy.

1 Like