Stick hurling: Parental Guidance advised

God forbid we encourage goal scoring. :man_shrugging:

Yeah, thatā€™s clearly my position. Any change should surely be stepped.

Not really i dont think. There is normally a plus 1 or a deep lying centre back in the vicinity. Defensive are structured to avoid 1 v 1 contests at all cost

Lack of proper team rivalries is a big issue. Limerick are obviously class but who are their bitter rivals? The Kilkenny cork of 00s the kk tipp of 2009 on, cork v tipp 90s cork v Waterford 00s. You need both teams to win when it matters the odd time for a proper rivalry. Limerick are more likeable than the great kk team though probably because they are a former loser county and not quite as I supposey

This has a ring of truth about it. :flushed::flushed:

I remember mocking you something awful at the time. Little did I think, the double sweeper was to become a thing.

I never had him down as a disciple of Derek

1 Like

Limerick played long ball after long ball on top of Gillane the last day

1 Like

It was better long ball in the 80s

1 Like

When lads had to cycle to a game with a sod of turf under their arm

I never said there was no long balls. I said there was less 1 v 1 contests for possession

Gillane was one on one the whole time. Not disagreeing with your overall point btw. But I donā€™t think thereā€™s anyway to get back to 15 on 15 realistically.

3 inside the 45 at all times.

But sure whos enforcing that? They canā€™t follow the rules they have

Red card a player from a team who advances out of it

1 Like

Clare are by far the closest thing Limerick have to a bitter rival.

Biggest rivals by county:
Limerick
1 Clare - geography and the rivalry is a pretty much equal one in terms of game outcomes
2 Tipp - a one way rivalry
3 Cork - somebody has to be third

Clare
1 Limerick - for the same reasons as above
2 Tipp - 1 and 2 are interchangeable here, Tipp are probably more bitter rivals for Clare than Limerick when this rivalry is firing

Waterford
1 Kilkenny - proximity, inferiority complex
2 Cork - proximity, consistent infliction of heartbreak
3 Tipp - consistent batins, Waterford like to inflict defeat more on Tipp more than Cork I think but Cork is a better rivalry

Wexford
1 Kilkenny - love hate relationship, canā€™t live with them, canā€™t live without them
2 Offaly - simmering dislike

Galway
1 Tipp - a very even and frequent rivalry, legacy bitterness
2 Offaly - inferiority complex
3 Cork - inferiority complex

Offaly
1 Wexford - mutual suspicion, Offaly have always seemed to take a particular delight to beating Wexford, as they usually did
2 Anybody playing against Kilkenny - living vicariously
3 The drink - living uproariously

Dublin
1 Galway - they donā€™t like us and we donā€™t like them, though we will accept managers from them
2 We donā€™t really care about any of the others

Donā€™t know how true this story is but I heard that a few year back (5/6) that a few of the Dublin players went to Galway on the piss in the off season. The night ended up in a row on Shop St with a few Galway players. This continued a few years later in that Boston 10s thing. A lot of bitterness with the older contingent on both squads. Could be clearly seen in the Croke park game 8 days ago.

1 Like

We are Clareā€™s biggest rivals 100%, but Tipp are our biggest rivals. We donā€™t mind the clare lads, so long as they cut our grass

That you felt the need to make that post is a bit of a giveaway that Clare are Limerickā€™s biggest rivals but Tipp are Clareā€™s.

2 Likes

Itā€™s mad watching AFL games and the Aussies still just booting it up between about 8 lads with nobody moving off the ball