Stupid Government

This is the 2nd time in a couple of months he’s been out-played on things he made big issues of.
He’s been shown as a weak patsy for FF.

He is a weak patsy for FF but his only concern on the incinerator issue is his local reputation not his national win. I think he’s fucked anyway - his incinerator delay tactics were the last struggles of a dying man - I just don’t think this decision on its own makes him worse off, I think he won’t mind it.

Rooney will crush Gormley.

Egss make omelettes.

:o

TFK exclusive

Top class job by the government…Irish Life pass on the increase to customers while all the Fleet St newspapers are high fiving each other after coining it with the VAT cut and keeping it for themselves. :lol:

Can someone tell me the logic in giving tax breaks to sports stars to ‘keep them in the country’. Yet if you’re someone with a PhD or exceptional scientific talent you can leave without anyone trying to keep you in the country. Then they go on about the brain drain…why do sports stars deserve special treatment? I don’t get it.

They’re not even ‘sports stars’, they are nobodies with trouble accepting that.

:clap:

The ‘property tax is for local services’ must be the biggest yarn this govt have tried to spin. Mer yeah…sure it is. Funny how all the money is going to central government then! They really do insult the intelligence of the average joe.

Phil Hogan is being exposed as an awful spoofer the last couple of months. Newspapers had built him up as the brains behind Kenny, the puppet master if you will. That’s clearly bollox based upon his recent carry-on and clearly he’s just another jumped up rural councillor with notions and a box-set of the West Wing.

Screwed up the septic tank charge, in awful trouble on the household charge and now a storms a-brewing about him putting the kybosh on the planning enquiries. To be under political pressure from FF about planning within a week of Mahon coming out takes some quality of messer to achieve and says a lot about his competence.

Clearly more Kilkenny footballer than Kilkenny hurler.

I discovered on Matt Cooper this evening that all the money from the Lotto now goes straight into central government coffers and is no longer ring fenced for arts and sports grants.

Really?

Yip,The minister said it. He was delighted with himself announcing a €36m sports grants program spread over 4 years!
Matt asked what about the lotto funding for sports and he said the lotto money now goes direct to the Dept of Finance for day to day running of the country.

Unbelievable Jeff

The likes of Bull O’Donoghue was great for raiding the Lotto funds to build yet another swimming pool in Killarney. I’d say that institution is more rotten than the Hospital Sweeps ever was.

I remember hearing a few years ago that lotto grants for astroturf pitches and the like were drying up. I suppose that’s why. They’re probably going to sell it off entirely when we default in any case.

Lotto is privately run already isn’t it?

I didn’t think so? Selling off the rights to it has often mentioned in recent months as a way to raise revenue

I think the running of the lotto is sold to a private company, but what they are talking about is selling the rights to the cash raised