Summer 2022 Transfer Window

Ah here it’s a bit of a joke tbh. The odd good story will happen like an Ajax or whatever but club football is fairly poisonous at this stage. All the best players will be at a handful of clubs.

Phil Jackson?

He could go the whole hog and get Michael Jordan or LeBron, or maybe have Jordan and LeBron as Roy Evans/Gerard Houllier style joint managers.

Or how about copying Have I Got News For You and go with a different celebrity manager for each match?

I know but you still get a fella like klopp getting a club and players like milner and Robertson to perform above themselves and a shit show like united pumping billions in and getting nowhere to keep it interesting

1 Like

Someone who’ll do what they are told like Ole.

A tub of lard for the CL semi final second leg

1 Like

Klopp has broken the transfer record for Allison and van dijk. It’s a total myth he hasn’t spent massive amounts of money.

1 Like

I think I like the idea of a different celebrity manager for each match.

"Gerard Depardieu was furious with the referee after PSG’s 26-0 loss to Liverpool in the opening round of the Champions League.

But Vanessa Paradis got the season back on track with a smart tactical switch for the following Saturday’s crunch clash away to Marseille when the team played with a goalkeeper for the first time this season.

Kim Jong Un has threatened nuclear war on opponents Troyes ahead of him managing PSG for next weekend’s fixture."

1 Like

I know I agree they have spent an awful lot on the squad but they still probably only have the 4th or 5th most expensive squad and they are one of the best teams of all time.

Having a world class manager is the only way to beat the financial behemoths these days. We’re blessed to have Klopp. Football was a purer game 20-30 years ago I’d imagine.

They’ve won one league title in 30 odd years.

The cunts could have a quadruple this time next week and end all arguments

Mane will be leaving Liverpool apparently.

He is very very good for Liverpool. Doesn’t mind the rough stuff and always a threat.
Definitely a loss but Klopp has been silently replacing that front 3 over the last season or two. But if he goes, his loss will be felt.

That Liverpool team is very old.

Who will Liverpool buy as a replacement? Bowen?

I presume Diaz Was the replacement. They’ve got the guy from Fulham and jota as well. Firmino seems to have fallen out of favour.

Perisic to Spurs.

Seems the spurs owner is really loosening the purse strings finally.

Well that’s a free transfer tbf. But a good signing, I think. He’s getting on about but is fit, a workhorse, gets goals & assists and has worked with Conte before.