Summer Transfer Window 2014

A no mark who was sold for either €5m or was given away for free as part of the Falcao deal but who has had his transfer fee grossly inflated in a poor article that has outrageously received an Informative rating despite being misleading and factually incorrect.

ouch !..

I did say ‘general gist’, I couldn’t have been any clearer.

Michu has joined Napoli on loan from Swansea for a season with a view to a permanent deal.

Strange one that. He was very highly rated prior to his injury. If Swansea were going to sell him I didn’t think they would sell him in such a manner. It would seem that there are question marks over his fitness.

[QUOTE=“Rocko, post: 985325, member: 1”]That article ignores the fact that Porto owned about half of Falcao, a bit more of Hulk, about half of James Rodriguez and a similar enough % of Anderson I think.

It’s a bit more complicated than buy low, sell high. They’re not financing the purchases themselves, so they’re hedging lots of the risk.[/QUOTE]
What do you mean Rocko?

I mean Porto don’t buy those players outright and sell them on for profit. The players are part sold to an investment fund and Porto buy the remainder. Typically they will pay for 50% of a player and the investment fund will own the other 50%. So when the player is sold on, Porto are only getting 50% of the profits - and they’ve paid the wages etc in the interim.

It’s not that it’s not a good model, but articles that just mention transfer fees of players, without distinguishing between what Porto received and what third parties received are misleading. And it’s often complicated by the fact that clubs often buy sole rights to a player before selling them on. So even when Porto get 100% of the transfer revenue, often they will have just paid half that amount to an investment fund on the same day or in the days before.

Sunderland and Liverpool have agreed terms on a £14m transfer for Fabio Borini.

Am I missing something here? He joined Liverpool for £10m, rarely played and scored twice. He went to Sunderland for a year and scored 7 times. Now he’s worth £14m!

[QUOTE=“Rocko, post: 985884, member: 1”]Sunderland and Liverpool have agreed terms on a £14m transfer for Fabio Borini.

Am I missing something here? He joined Liverpool for £10m, rarely played and scored twice. He went to Sunderland for a year and scored 7 times. Now he’s worth £14m![/QUOTE]
Revenge for Henderson…

[QUOTE=“Rocko, post: 985884, member: 1”]Sunderland and Liverpool have agreed terms on a £14m transfer for Fabio Borini.

Am I missing something here? He joined Liverpool for £10m, rarely played and scored twice. He went to Sunderland for a year and scored 7 times. Now he’s worth £14m![/QUOTe]

Great stuff, he’s a cracking player.

4 goals from open play last season. Cracking indeed

He saved Sunderland last season and when he scored they tended to be huge games, the bottom line is that he excelled in a really poor team. He’s a lot more than scoring goals though, he played out on the wing last season and the protection he offers his full backs is phenomenal. He reminds me of Dirk Kuyt with more pace. I don’t think the fee is that mental when you compare it with the £12m Arsenal just paid for Debuchy.

Borini is a young player who will get better and better.

I think it is very unfair to judge Borini on just goals last season. He spent most of his time playing wide on the left for Sunderland was was very good for them under Poyet and seems to have gotten his confidence back. I think he will prove to be a very good player for them and will be back at a bigger club by the start of the 2016 season

Cristoph Kramer to Napoli for €12m is said to be close to completion.

@Rocko

What are your views on him? Will he be well suited to Serie A and Napoli.

[QUOTE=“Il Bomber Destro, post: 986012, member: 2533”]He saved Sunderland last season and when he scored they tended to be huge games, the bottom line is that he excelled in a really poor team. He’s a lot more than scoring goals though, he played out on the wing last season and the protection he offers his full backs is phenomenal. He reminds me of Dirk Kuyt with more pace. I don’t think the fee is that mental when you compare it with the £12m Arsenal just paid for Debuchy.

Borini is a young player who will get better and better.[/QUOTE]
Given that Debuchy is a much better player it is very mental

Liverpool have agreed a fee for Loic Remy.

:clap:

[QUOTE=“farmerinthecity, post: 986066, member: 24”]Liverpool have agreed a fee for Loic Remy.

:clap:[/QUOTE]
Very low at €8.5m. With Borini going out for €14m that’s a great 24 hours business for Liverpool.

Debuchy is shit and Borini is a great player. Borini absolutely raped him last year at St James Park.

[QUOTE=“farmerinthecity, post: 986066, member: 24”]Liverpool have agreed a fee for Loic Remy.

:clap:[/QUOTE]

Where’d you see this Feirmeoir?

http://m.skysports.com/article/football//9387432

A decent bit of business so. Goal.com reporting Remy has agreed to the move. A better move than £20m+ for Bony.

I can see Borini going on to be a very good player for Sunderland, he wouldn’t get the same opportunity at Liverpool.

Also Aspas farmed out on loan to Seville