Summer Transfer Window 2016

Unless I’ve paid for this free ride

A free (or paid for) nose job might be more in your line, pal.

1 Like

Dani Alves has joined Juventus on a 2-year deal.

1 Like

REPORTS: Crystal Palace have had a €38m bid for striker Michy Batshuayi accepted. :open_mouth:

Looks like Chelsea have mugged Palace off. Mugged them right off.

Zlatan to United confirmed

He’s tweeted about it.

Lovely.

How much a week? 1/4 of a million?:joy:

1 Like

That’s a bargain when you see what other lads can get :thinking:

1 Like

Fuck me…A joke.

Anthony Forde, formerly of Ballingarry AFC, has signed for Rotherham for an undisclosed fee.

Still pretty young, good to see players moving up levels.

2 Likes

Zlatan was a real superstar but he’s finished now. Time to move on.

3 Likes

Desmond league to English championship is a decent step up alright, away trips to Leeds, Newcastle and villa probably trump togging out in a container in Mountcollins or Feenagh as well, good luck to him.

He’s been over there since he was fairly young. Was at wolves originally I think.

Are United turning into a retirement home? Between this and Schweini it would appear so.

Ah I know that really, :wink:, I’ve followed his career a bit as it’s not often a Limerick man does much on the mainland, it’s tough to make it, there were 7 or 8 lads from my age in Cork went over and not a one made a good career over there.

1 Like

I played against him a load of times. One of those who was a very good player, but he wasn’t a player who single-handedly won games and tbh if you had told me that one player in my age group in the Desmond League would make it, he wouldn’t have been my first (or even my 2nd, 3rd, 4th) pick.

But he had the physical attributes- very fast, very strong and obviously worked very hard.

Hope he continues to rise and maybe in contention for an international place in a few years, who knows?

Can’t underestimate what trying to dodge the horseshit on Shountrade’s pitch does for your dribbling skills.

5 Likes

Seanie Flanagan from Prospect was some player back 10-15 years ago.

He was actually a genuinely serious talent,had a savage left foot. He went on a few trials across the water, was supposed to have been excellent on one with Celtic in particular.

His last trial didn’t go so well though.

Keep going, sounds like there’s a story
I played with and against some of the best schoolboy players to ever play in Cork, not one made a decent living across the water, some did well in the league of Ireland and a few played in the 4th tier or non league, far superior to Roy Keane who was probably the 5th best player on his Rockmount schoolboy team, three years ahead of me but I would have seen them play a good few times, takes a different skill set to make it at that level.