Summer Transfer Window 2021

My sources tell me that a combination of the Klopp Development Index (KDI) and the Edwards Negotiation Model (ENM) ensure Liverpool get good prices for their players. Nothing else to see here.

1 Like

Thatā€™s what Iā€™ve alleged, yes.

Iā€™m not privvy to all the information involved but there from what we do know there are numerous concerning factors that draw these transfers into scrutiny.

1 Like

10m is a fair price in the current climate - heā€™s an international player with 3/4 good years left in himā€¦ imagine pushing to get more for a player - well I never :laughing:

I merely commented they wonā€™t be getting a Ā£25m fee of clubs for the likes of Shaqiri which they have done for some fringe and youth players when their shell clubs have bought them.

Maxim Demin a Russian owns Bournemouth, 50% share i think making him max shareholder.

He sold 25% of that to peak6 based out of chicago in 2016 , which he bought back in 2019.

I wonder if that time frame coincides with these transfers. Why would he sell and buy back those shares to an American sports firm?

1 Like

Always Sunny Reaction GIF

The boys doing backflips over it

1 Like

Chelsea are the one team where the owner is literally washing money and our resident Italian was a big fan of theirs up to recently.

Billionaires wouldnt invest in soccer clubs to make money. Very few clubs make money. Its either a toy or serves some other purpose

As far as I know, the only allegations of transfer collusion or wrongdoing involving Liverpool was when the Napoli owner claimed Liverpool and AS Roma were part of the same ownership entity.

Itā€™s quite simple really.

FFFP rules dictate that clubs spending can only come from money they generate themselves, so regardless of whether you have a billionaire owner, you can only spend what you have generated.

This can be TV money, it can be matchday revenue, it can be sponsorship, merchandise etc or it can be from player sales.

Some clubs like PSG and Man City have exploited the sponsorship loopholes to disguise money which is coming from the investors in reality as a legitimate transaction for sponsorship. The substance of these deals over their form suggest otherwise.

In the case of Liverpool, they do it in a different way. The like to spike up the money they generate on player sales in order to allow them book profit on their financial statements. From what I gathered from @Rocko before, teams buy a player - weā€™ll give Salah as an example. Liverpool paid around 40m for him on a 4 year deal so his value is 40m in year 1, 30m in year 2 and 20m in year 3 etc. If they sold Salah for 80m in year 3 then they book a 60m profit on him.

Now they donā€™t want to sell one of their star players, so Liverpool cook the books by selling off fringe players, players purchased at a minimal cost that they donā€™t need for frankly crazy fees. Jordan Ibe, Solanke going for 20m and him never having scored a first team goal - a guy who it turns out is an average Championship player.

Now did Bournemouth really pay 20m or did Liverpool just book the sale as 20m, the profit as ~20m and then funnel money from their owners and investors in and use to go around and spend outrageous fees on other players? Thereā€™s certainly a trend of these type of transfers at Liverpool, they do not happen at other clubs and the trend seems to involve the same few clubs with the same profile on a consistent basis.

Of course Liverpool fans are compromised as they spent years bitching about not being able to compete with the finances of other teams which was the reason for the success of others and then they get a few Wall Street billionaire fund in, who wipe out a shit load of debt, invest heavily in the club, Liverpool are back spending hundreds of millions, breaking transfer records and they want to pretend money has little to do with it.

1 Like

Heā€™s fat and heā€™s shit though. Yourself and @caulifloweredneanderthal getting very defensive here over those extremely dodgy transfers which would lead me to believe that there is something in these allegations. I think the Solanke transfer could bring the whole house of cards down. A bag of jerseys is about his market value, I think they got greedy on that one.

4 Likes

Ooft

Thatā€™s because you wash the money through these dodgy transfer dealings.

Sigh.

Christ above, Arsenal are actually lucky to still be in the PL looking at that chart.

cc @Monkey_Allen

arsenalfantv GIF

Kroenke out blud!

All the foreign owners are bad

All the american/English owners are good.

Whats the source for that one?

Disappointing to see Liverpool up to such tricks. No morals left in football.

Unrale. This will be a big bonus for the net spend league

1 Like

Manchester City have a strange set up too with the other clubs Abu Dhabi own, they seem to randomly sign lads from Melbourne and New York City at a low price and then sell them for profit without ever playing for the club or being in a match day squad. Likes of Aaron Mooy and Jack Harrison for instance.

Incorrect. He scored a cracker of a goal in the final game of the 17/18 league season at home to Brighton. Eddie Howe duly took note.