Super Bowl 50: The Road to Santa Clara

Seattle still the luckiest team in pro football unreal! The Panthers game will be epic.

2 Likes

They’re out for Burfict this week.

This hit on Maxx Williams from Week 17 doing the rounds;

https://vine.co/v/iMWPBbFYELr

Yep, it’s great to see that luck from the Super Bowl carry over into this years play offs.

1 Like

You make your own luck.

Was it Jack Nicklaus that said ‘The more I practice the luckier I get’?

An excellent final 8 and it’s extremely tough to call it from here.

I think it was Arnold Palmer?

No shock seeing division winner from the dross of the NFL getting beaten with the exception of the vikes.

1 Like

10 posts were split to a new topic: Irish People Watching NFL

Looking forward to the Carolina game, it will be an absolute war.

I think the Seahawks have become a classier franchise of late. I’m not that big a fan of Bennett he never shuts up but hypocritically i do like sherman…

They’d be insane to put him out there given the pass rush that he will face.

Should be the game of the round alright, and probably the hardest to call. I think the bye will have given the Panthers time to get a little healthier. Seattle looked seriously dangerous in the last few weeks of the regular season, but were muck against St. Louis (though there was little at stake) and were absolutely steeped to beat a game, but limited, team last night.

In normal circumstances I’d take a healthy New England over KC, but they’re playing on one leg with a decimated line and face a team with serious momentum, whose QB is playing the most intelligent football of his life.

Likewise, injuries will do for Pittsburgh. Assuming Roethlisberger won’t be fit, I can’t see Landry Jones or Mike Vick getting much change out of that Denver D. Could be a blowout, in fact, as that Steelers secondary is poor.

I think Arizona will be all over Rodgers like a rash but, in the presumed absence of Roethlisberger, he’s the best QB left in the competition by a distance. If he’s protected the Packers have a chance. Don’t think it likely, though.

1 Like

You think Big Ben is better than Brady?

:popcorn:

At best, Brady would certainly have been better by a distance. He’s past his best, however.

theyre different players in my opinion.

Completely.

Kansas will be a tough nut to crack for any side. They have a very well balanced defence with a couple of real top quality performers. added to a conservative offence that won’t commit too many turnovers, a very solid run game and a kicker with a big boot. I think they are probably lacking a real star on offence and they may struggle if they have to chase a game but they will put it up to any of the other three teams in the AFC and I think with a small rub of the green they will end up in the Superbowl

1 Like

Past his best?? He was on par the break records this season until his O line and receivers went missing…

Yes one is good and the other is Big Ben.

For me as a giants fan it’s though to say but if Brady somehow manages to get pats to win another Super Bowl this season he’ll go down as the undisputed greatest off all time.

Their luck ran out on that drive after that Kearse catch, it seems even the Seahawk pox runs out at some stage!

Swings and roundabouts.