Super Bowl LIII - The Dirty Road to ATL

Ive been to three Seahawks games, you cunt, and an eagles home game. Its worth paying the money to experience the home crowd. Macs an idiot though and theres no talking to him.

I have no interest in plotting a team by team but it looks at this stage that four QBs are going to go early - Mayfield, Rosen, Allen and Darnold while Quenton Nelson, Chubb and Barkely I would be surprised if all seven of them are not off the board after the 8th pick.

The like of Vita, Minkah Fitzpatrick, Derwin James, Roquan Smith and Denzel Ward all gone by the 16th pick.

As for my beloved Lions, Bob Quinn says he has 5 or 6 players in mind who he expects to be available at 20. I assume he will go with defensive line at 20 and look to pick up a running back and a tackle in day two barring someone like Trumaine Edwards or one of the lads in that second group in mentioned falling & being available at 20.

I expect the 6 players they are interested in to be Daron Payne, Tavon Bryant & Mo Hurst at defensive tackle, Harold Landry & Marcus Davenport at edge rushers or if they are all off the board then maybe Isaiah Wynn at tackle. I can’t see them taking a running back like Guise with the 20th pick given that it is a deep running back class and there will be decent options in round 2 and 3.

Hurst or Landry would be my choice but both may be a bit small for what Patricia seems to want on the defensive line.

Nobody knows what is going to happen, it’s the most unpredictable draft in recent memory. It still looks like the Browns haven’t made up their minds, I would have thought Darnold would be the man, but another curve ball has been thrown…

Mayfield would be my choice at number 1. He has got the personality for it and the college performances to back it up. If he was 6"5 then there wouldn’t even be a debate.

Completely nuts this year. It helps that it’s the Browns at 1 & 4. They could do anything. Darnold at 1 and trading out of the 4 just makes far too much sense for the Browns.

I’m looking forward to seeing who Dallas take at WR and what the Pats do with their firsts.

The Pats look like they want to move up, will be fascinating to see what they do.

I see Sony Michel apparently had a poor medical and is looking like a slider, that’s good news for your bet.

Is Rosen gonna slide and should the Pats bite if so?

cc @Gman

More gossip in Cleveland, looks like they’ve cooled on Darnold.

From what I can see / read - Rashaan Evans + Ejiofor are two we will jump at in rounds 1 and 2 if on the board… Bill will go D heavy with first few picks but be interesting if a rated QB is still there what he’ll do …

Mayfield is gonna go #1

#believethehype

To be honest pal, I havent kept a huge eye on the draft. Just been busy and not keeping massively up to date. Plus, with the Patriots draft strategy over the past few years, they could do fucking anything. Could be mistaken, but the last time they had 2 first round picks they traded both up for marginal gains to get Chandler Jones and Donta hightower. More often than not, they trade down or hold. But even there, it was 2 defensive players he went for. Be surprised if he took a QB in round 1.

1 Like

If the other 31 front offices allow the Pats to draft Rosen, they deserve another decade of mediocrity.

3 Likes

Where has yer man Cian Fahey disappeared to?

It’s draft day, and one of the favourites to go #1 overall should have deleted his twitter history…

Jags owners in talk about buying Wembley which could open up a permanent move there

He got sacked from ESPN over a bar incident, he’s gone off the radar a bit since. He had only got the job after working up to it for years, you’d feel sorry for him if he wasn’t such a self-righteous arsehole.

1 Like

A bar incident? :laughing:

Do tell.

be interesting to see what happens to this lad at the draft

He was over at ESPN HQ on business, and was in a bar one evening and got pissed. In his own words he “drank too much at a bar and treated American strangers like I would my Irish friends”. It was apparently worse than what his statement would lead you to believe, involving the liberal use of the C word (big no-no over there).

1 Like