Super Bowl LIV - Chiefs V 49ers

He had a dose of the Sonia ni Shuilleabhains.

The Patriots just arent a good side and the 10-2 record is seriously masking a team chugging into the playoffs. It somewhat comes with the territory that they are rated on their superbowl winning chances rather than playoff winning abilities due to recent records, so to say they arent good is probably too much. They are a good side able to win games against even worse teams, but I dont see them troubling Kansas or Baltimore in the AFC and to be honest, I wouldnt be shocked to see the Bills win the AFC east. I still think the Patriots will win it, but itā€™ll come down to the December game in Foxboro which they may grind out a win, but I wouldnt be ruling the Bills out at all.

the defence is great against shit teams with a standing QB. Not so good against a mobile QB where there is more off the cuff type or option plays. The middle linebacker corps of Hightower, Roberts and Van Noy are also not the most mobile and are a weak point that better teams have targeted. Whilst they had success last year in similar circumstances, I dont think they had the same firepower in offence and defence and I dont think the teams around them to compete with were as good as they are this year.

3 Likes

good man :clap:

1 Like

I think the Chiefs will beat the Patriots so they could be on the same win/loss record going into that game on the 21st. Bengals and Dolphins the other Patriots games left, so they will end up 13-3 or 12-4 I reckon.

When they can control clock and scoring pace theyā€™re okay but theyā€™ll be in trouble against anyone that can rattle up scores quickly.

Exactly it. They play the game to be ahead and stay ahead. when they cant score, that becomes a problem. And they are struggling to score lately. Brady is playing average, but what he has in front of him is quite poor. Sanu was an over reach with a 2nd round pick. Harry only settling in, but he was as much at fault for the interception as Brady, needs to make those slot cuts inside sharper and harder to create separation and go hard for the ball. Relying solely on Edelman is not going to win. At least last year, despite a drop in productivity, Gronk was still there for clutch plays and big catches when it was needed. No one like that now to step up.

Who is likely to be sacked by seasons end?

Dan Quinn
Pat Shurmer
Jason Garrett
Doug Marrone
Matt Patricia
Ron Rivera
Skins already have an open position.

Think Quinn and Rivera of those wonā€™t be out of head coaching gigs for too long.

Add Coach Kitchens to the list.

1 Like

Yes I knew there was someone I forgot. Yesterdays win might relieve some of the pressure on Zac Taylor but he could well be one and done.

I think theyā€™ll give him at least another year.

He will get a year with Burrows

Titans will surely give Tannehill a new deal in the summer and a chance to be their starting QB going forward.
Bucs appears to be happy with Jameis and will give him a new deal. Wouldnā€™t be surprised to see Derek Carrā€™s replacement be drafted in Oakland, he has really shit the bed in recent weeks after a good start to the year and you get the feeling Gruden canā€™t stand him.

Who else aside from the Bengals will go after a QB in the draft? Neither the Steelers or Bears have a first round pick. Panthers? Dolphins? Raiders, Chargers? Patriots? Colts?

Could well be some interesting QBs in free agency/trade block come the off season in Mariota, Bridgewater, Eli, Flacco, Foles etc

At the start of the year with AB and Flash they could have been anythingā€¦ Mad how fast it turned. Develin is also a big loss to the run gameā€¦ But Brady had the ball in his hands for as long as he wanted last night but had no one to hit. Meyers/ Harry et Al are just not on the same pageā€¦ A Gronk, a Gronkā€¦ My kingdom for a Gronk.

Iā€™d have thought Teddy will stay where he is?

Heā€™s on decent money there isnā€™t he?

He could probably get more elsewhere and a guaranteed starting position but Iā€™d say he knows the job is his once Brees retires so maybe its worth hanging around for.

He is a free agent and is free to negotiate with any team. Would make sense to stay where he is as QB in waiting but If the likes of the Bears were to offer him the starting gig and starting money then who knows.

Fair enough. Had Brees not been injured earlier in the season Iā€™d say heā€™d have been happy to walk at the end of the season but all parties would probably like him to stay put now.

I suppose it all depends on how long more Brees wants to play for.

Iā€™d say when he sees how much the 49ers will expose his mobility issues next weekend he might think its sooner than he had thought at the start of the season

Forgot about the Red Rifle

1 Like