Super Bowl LIV - Chiefs V 49ers

Gordon a brilliant shout too, would love to see him have a big season!

1 Like

Oh lord!

Facepalm

Huh?

Oh - youā€™re on about Cordarrelle ?

:smile:

And you werenā€™t?

No , weā€™ve more than one superstar named Patterson.

Superstars who havenā€™t played a snap. Thatā€™s some conveyor belt.

Good plausible deniability, you fraud.

My story is tight.

Lambeau, Minneapolis or the planned eagles takeover against the shite dolphins?

not quite Galway levels of kicking a cup down the street, but only Gronk would get away with something like this.

:rofl: This is brilliant.

https://twitter.com/mbellina9/status/1119277655197614082

Hell of a PR move

Frank Clark gone to the Chiefs for their first round puck, next years 2nd and a swap of third round picks. Pretty big haul for the seahawks.

Assume Bobby Wagner will get paid now

Clark also getting paid

That seems really dumb series of moves by the chiefs. They had Dee Ford to resign and didnt, so for a similar player, they have now spent more money and a first round pick.

Seems to have been caused by a scheme change.

They traded away both Justin Houston and Dee Ford because theyā€™re not great fits for the new 4-3 defense, but Clark obviously is, having played in it at a very high level in Seattle. Clarkā€™s presence will give the Chiefs hope of actually stopping some opponents next year.

They still wonā€™t be able to defend for shit.

yeah Iā€™m not convinced. $20m contract worse off, 1st round draft pick lost just for a scheme change? Maybe they do want to just blow up the whole set up and start fresh, but as you say, I still dont see it working for them.

Thereā€™s an idea that theyā€™re rushing the fix for the defense to take advantage of Mahomes on a rookie deal. It all comes from the DC hire of Steve Spagnuolo. He favours 4-3. A bit of throwing the baby out with the bathwater going on.

It would be an interesting analysis to see how many Superbowls have been won with a very good QB who was on his rookie contract. Happens quite a bit Iā€™d imagine, get a good player but not on the top dollar that it sacrifices the team.

I was disappointed to see Frank go but itā€™s obvious Seattle were not going to pay him what he wanted. The Chiefs have made him the 3rd highest paid defensive player in the NFL I believe, is he the 3rd best defender? Not for me, heā€™s an excellent young pass rusher but heā€™s not a game wrecker like Donald or Mack. Still, he will get plenty of sacks in KC opposite Chris Jones.

I was sure Clark would have played out the season on the tag and would have left in free agency next year. So itā€™s nice business by John Schneider getting a first this year and second round pick next year, especially with a draft top heavy in D line talent upcoming.