Super Bowl LV - The triumphant trail to Tampa (Part 1)

Yes butā€¦

Yeah he is just a dead duck. He will be sacked as soon as the number one pick is locked up.

Ideal replacement for fat Matt

Carlos Dunlap to the Seahawks.

Jason Garrett is the man for the job

If they do trade out, they should go all in on draft picks I think. Those lads you mentioned are all in their 30s. Fine for a team thatā€™s close looking for the final piece but by the time you build your team, how much can they produce and how constrained will you be if you have to extend them?

If you trade out of Lawrence, whatā€™s the answer at QB. Youā€™d probably need the #2 pick to get Fields, so are you kicking the can to next year, where thereā€™s likely inferior options. Darnold wonā€™t have his fifth year picked up in all likelihood, so are you riding with him in a lame duck year or laying out money on a veteran to bridge?

They should gut the front office for starters anyway.

1 Like

They did that recently though? They let Mccagan (sp) draft in 2019 and then sacked him and brought in a new GM.

If they trade Crowder its clear they donā€™t give 2 shits about Darnold. Looks like they probably will too, he picked up one of those mysterious training ground injuries there that fellas seem to get a lot in the middle of trade talks

Darnold would attract plenty of interest in the trade market if they went ahead with Lawrence, but they have an opportunity to begin a huge rebuild with the spoils from trading away the number 1 pick and rolling with Darnold, heā€™s as young as a rookie with a couple of years of experience, just tying to stay alive most weeks, heā€™s shown enough flashes to tell that heā€™s an NFL QB,a good one in the right circumstances

3 Likes

They realistically have to extend him before the 2022 season. Heā€™s flashed but is he worth giving a chunky deal to? If theyā€™re not extending him, no point using the fifth year option.

Quinnen Williams as well potentially

Whoever replaces Gase will want his own man

I donā€™t see why they wouldnā€™t extend him to be honest, unless theyā€™re pinning everything on Lawrence, i feel that the trade value exceeds his worth to the Jets.
Theyā€™ll be paying a QB big money in any case, Darnold is a star in the making

The Jets also have plenty of cap room to spare. Probably even more now with Bell gone and more to be gleaned by getting out of the Mosley deal

The Jets will stick with Darnold I feel, and will look to trade the first pick, there can be a lot of draft picks on that offer. As mentioned, plenty of teams will give an arm and leg to have the chance at picking Trevor. Vikings, Giants, Broncos, Jags, Colts, Washington, BEARS.

It will be interesting to say the least. No point drafting Trevor if you donā€™t have anything related to a piece around him. Heā€™s a generational talent but wonā€™t carry NYJ without some pieces. Darnold well able to be a properly good NFL QB

1 Like

Vikings would have to eat a lot of salary by cutting Cousins. Hopefully Shanahan doesnā€™t trade for him

https://www.instagram.com/p/CG5cFvDJUVt/?igshid=1w0383kjgfy09

The league hoping to get somewhere between 13-15 k at the Superbowl.

They all have to factor in the possibility of a cut to the salary cap now

There is a lot of mentioned of this but I wonder will it really happen? Iā€™d expect there is some kind of fudge where the cap will remain the same for next season otherwise there will be cutter carnage come the off season and free agency. Hard to see a huge amount of big name vets willing to restructure or sign for other teams at 20 or 30% below market rate.

Will have to be some kind of re-structuring of new deals until the picture becomes clearer, maybe short-term contracts with more up-front guarantees. The owners will figure something to suit themselves first anyhow