Super Bowl LVI - The intricate incline to Inglewood (Part 1)

11.5 odd.

Mixon and boyd could see plenty targets. They’ll need to get rid of it quickly. Yeah stafford can be got at and he’s a cert to throw a pick. I just think in the pressure cooker environment of a superbowl, who is going to lead and galvanise the Bengals through a storm. I don’t think burrow is there yet. Rams have plenty leaders and it’ll be experience that gets them through. (As long as McVay doesn’t try and be a hero with stupid calls and challenges)

1 Like

If CJ Uzomah can do anything at all even block a bit that’s huge, massive like.

A lot on Mixons shoulders to keep making third down manageable but they’ll have to go for it through the air. Tee Higgins MVP outsider

1 Like

Higgins or a Van Jefferson :+1:

I can’t see anything but a Rams win. The Bengals have done great to reach the game and Burrow is some bit of stuff, but there’s no avoiding the fact that, as a whole, they are one of the most mediocre teams to reach the SB of the last 25 years.

The Rams D is a different animal to anything they’ve seen, Donald and Miller could have a field day given how ropey the Bengals OLine is. The Bengals D is middling, I’d be confident Stafford will move the ball against them. Odell has been a fantastic addition, his redzone ability is a huge factor and I’m not sure the Bengals have someone to stop him.

I’ll throw up one or two mug betbuilders on the betting thread for fun, but Rams to cover -2.5 in both halves at 7/5 is the main bet, and then the same bet with Odell anytime TD at 11/2.

1 Like

Are they really though?

No, they are a more than decent side and deserve their place here, you don’t come back and beat the Chiefs twice in a few weeks unless you have the right intangibles.

1 Like

Tell your missus to give you your phone back

2 Likes

Going off the eye test, yes. They’ve got hot in the playoffs, but during the regular season and entering the playoffs they were not considered a contender. The OLine is really not good and the defense is unremarkable, it says a lot that Hendrickson is their main man.

Going off the analytics, yes as well. This chart shows how untypical a SB team they are, only the 2012 Ravens for company, and they were a team that did pass the eye test.

Rams just shortened half a point.

1 Like

Christ

terrell owens images GIF

In the wild a ram wouldn’t have a prayer against a Bengal but that’s not hugely relevant tonight

Going out for a run now to clear the head before coverage starts. Have the chicken wings marinading, and half time beers in the fridge. Today will be a great day.

1 Like

This is the 5th time two animals have met in the
SuperbOwl and the apex predator in each clash has never won

5 Likes

I plan to set the phone for s 45 min snooze

1 Like

NBC are showing live coverage of the tail gate party. The chain smokers are playing to much fanfare. No I never heard of them either.

Panthers lost to Broncos
Bears lost to Colts
Falcons lost to Broncos - debatable
Broncos lost to Seahawks

Can’t think of another - maybe the Dolphins beat a tougher animal in the 70s? I know they beat the redskins in the perfect season but year after maybe

Excuse me?

1 Like

Don’t kid yourself, if a falcon got a chance he’d eat you and everyone you cared about.

1 Like

Kelly Stafford - what a story :ronnyroar: