Super Bowl LVIII - Viva Las Vegas 🐐

Murica

Hopefully the shooter was Oren Burks and he missed him again.

Impressive

https://twitter.com/ffb_fanatics/status/1757872459905225087?s=46&t=YOfhVM10W0bcyIiYSLI3Wg

Wilks sacked by 49ers which is tough. They played very will v Chiefs. Muffed punt and Greenlaw injury were probably what turned the game. Mahomes was made look very ordinary first half… The Niners offense not scoring was what cost them… The PAT …
The more you think on it, it was some set of events and rotten luck.

https://twitter.com/gfienberg17/status/1757904446133252283?t=UqyP8wZzkohHZY3dtDYygQ&s=19

4 Likes

Wilks getting let go is a farce.
Shanahan has to take a lot of responsibility for that loss. Poor attention to detail on some critical issues. I’d say he could be losing the dressing room. Once the whispers and chatter starts up there is only one way that ends.

I wonder would Tom Brady have won the superbowl with the 49ers this year…

1 Like

Far from it the D took an awful drop back this year with even added depth and talent, went from number 1 run D to near bottom of the barrel under Wilks because he prioritises coverage ahead of the rush which doesn’t fit the Niners scheme, he was given a chance after the back to back debacles against the Vikings and Bengals id have had him gone then and there before the bye week.

The D line would have had any other QB bate up a stick last Sunday but once they began to tire Wilks went into prevent coverage against fucking Mahomes the entire way of the final drive to the extent Shanahan had to call a time out livid such was the shambles playing out before him.

The decision to let him go was made a long way out but they need to bring in the money truck and get BB in if he is taking a year out of the head job if not then Vrabel.

1 Like

No, the right side of the O line is terrible he would have been killed stone dead against Spags blitzes, it’s the one major weakness and expect to see Purdy go to another level when it’s reinforced for next season, Trent is staying on the left side.

1 Like

Everything else seems to be ok for next year bar a few tweaks. They’ll go Oline heavy in the off-season.

The clip of cmac saying he didn’t know that the chiefs would still get the ball in OT… And on the other side the chiefs were lifted by it as that’s what they wanted.

A cluster fuck.

The Chiefs are as lucky as Mahomes is talented, 6 of 7 fumbles recovered in a game is ridiculous, the missed pat, Greenlaws freak injury. Go back to the Bills missed FG and Flowers taunting pen and subsequent goal line punch out… you need luck to win it all the Niners had the Aiyuk catch against the Lions but the Chiefs consistently get the rabbit out of their hole come play offs.

So you not think Brady would have recognised the pressures a bit better. Thats my one criticism of Purdy who has been excellent. I’m not sure Chris Jones would have gone unchecked (I know Feliciano was inured) in the play where Jennings was wide open. Also the 2 minute warning in regulation there was a corner blitz from McDuffie which he should have seen coming. Brady knew how to audible out of certain plays and make adjustments at the line. Its ultimately something that probably just comes with experience and confidence to overrule your OC.
Bradys offensive line in TB was dogshit for the most part expecially when Ryan Jensen was out but he still got it done in a superbowl and was probably only a Mathew Stafford Cooper Kupp connection away from another with TB.

1 Like

No holding calls in 3 superbowls for the Chiefs. 13 for their opponents in those games. In regular season they are amongst the worst offenders. Its pretty obvious at this stage if it wasnt already.

2 Likes

There was 2 of the most blatant holds you’ll ever see not called on two different 3rd downs… One in particular on Bosa that Stevie Wonder was even screaming for…

1 Like

there was a good video on twitter that I cant find now that showed 4 or 5 really poor non calls. For none of them to draw a flag was mental, they were all really, really blatant, Bosa had 2 terrible non calls.

1 Like

They got some serious dodgy calls against Baltimore.

These things even out over the course of a season. I seem to recall Pat Mahomes feeling harshly done by in a few games.

https://twitter.com/Coach_Yac/status/1758149243007586586/mediaViewer?currentTweet=1758149243007586586&currentTweetUser=Coach_Yac

Heres KS going off on the inconsistency. Play in question was a huge 3rd and long completion to Kittle and potential momentum shift called back.

They might even out up to a point but when it comes to the big dance they only go 1 way.

The 49ers were done so that Travis and Taylor could call the election for Joe.

2 Likes