Super Bowl LVIII - Viva Las Vegas 🐐

Roscommon V Longford opening the new pitch in Knockroghery on a Sunday afternoon in winter.

1 Like

Hon longford to fuck.

That’s the Super Bowl lad

How many ex Pats does McDaniels have in Vegas?!

Richardson looking like he’s putting some of it together tonight

Lance to the Cowboys.

Lions without any starters handled the panthers playing all their front line players for decent spells last night. Speaks the excellent roster construction under Brad Holmes, some very good players aren’t going to make the roster.

James Houston off 8 sacks last year from
Thanksgiving onwards is locked in a battle with the Okwara brothers for the edge 5 and 6 spots on the roster. These three would be heavy rotation/starters for 20+ teams in the league. Julian Okwara the most likely not to make it and I’d expect the bears will pick him up.
Malcolm Rodriguez was excellent as a rookie but will probably have to settle for the fourth linebacker spot and special teams despite having a fine camp.

Brian Branch looks excellent and will be the starting nickel day 1 despite the Lions signing Gardner Johnson for this role in free agency. He will drop back to safety. A couple of UFA corner backs have really stood out, one being Steven Gilmore who is the younger brother of Stephon Gilmore and looks like he may well make the roster.

Did Teddy join this offseason or was he there last year too? A good backup to have either way

Joined 10 days or so ago.

1 Like

Disappointed to see nfl gamepass for Europe has been subcontracted out to DAZN. Same price but most of the features are gone like ability to download games, game in 40, nfl documentaries and archives.

Game in 40 especially is a big loss

1 Like

A strange move by the NFL to go with them.

1 Like

Da Bears might have found another quarterback. Tyson Bagent looks like he might have something.

Same here. Vastly interior service.

1 Like

It’s getting to the predictions time of the year - who will win the big one?

The Eagles and the Chiefs
It’s really between the Eagles and the Chiefs again but I’d fancy the Eagles to nick it this time. It was very close last year and the Chiefs needed an uncharacteristic error from Hurts. The Eagles had a great draft and you can really imagine Jalen Carter with a ring. Looking at the Chiefs, they’re relying on Mahomes, the best player in the league, possibly of all time, to magic his way through every game again. That might happen but they’d need to get a little lucky. Kelce is another year older and an injury to him spells big trouble. Rashee Rice isn’t supposed to be that great and I can see Richie James maybe turning into the key man down the stretch. Pacheco is ok… they might need to take in another RB. I just see too many vulnerabilities. So I think the Eagles edge it.

The Bills
The Bills will go into decline this year. I just have the sense that the moment has passed. The mood has turned sour. They didn’t really improve the offence during the draft. They’re relying on a first year TE to make the difference - go to fuck (although he will make some huge highlight reel plays). Also, it’s the Bills. The big chance was 2021 when Mahomes did them in. There’s no real upside this year. Not to sound crazy but I wouldn’t be surprised if it all goes wrong and they don’t even make the playoffs.

The Bengals
These guys will be the exact same as every other year, so they’ve a chance. The only change will be that Tyler Boyd will start to go into terminal decline but he start to be replace by a combination of Iosivas and Charlie Jones, both of whom need to come on a bit but both of whom have good potential. Like every other team on this list, they’re completely reliant on the health of their quarterback, which is not a given.

The 49ers
The 49ers fans are in major denial about how much the Eagles bullied them last year. There have been lots of excuses about that game but truthfully they were nowhere close and the gap should be even wider this season. These guys do have some upside though, if Brock Purdy improves. That still won’t be enough though. They’ll make the play offs but forget about them.

The Lions
These guys are a sneaky outside bet because they really remind me of where the Eagles were at the start of last year, minus the good quarterback. They need all the rookies from last year to push on, they need Goff to have a great year but on Goff - hey, if an offence scores points then it’s scoring points. Ultimately it doesn’t matter if you’ve a flashy QB or not. They’d a huge draft. Hendon Hooker might yet be important - I can see them going quite close but they probably don’t have enough to win it. They could do with more WR talent.

The Seahawks
I’m including these guys because although it’s very unlikely, I can actually see a path. The path is that those 2 OL guys from last year push on, this leads to Walker and Charbonnet wrecking havoc, Woolen and another CB become a great duo, JSN gets 1000+ yards, mostly from the slot (this is going to happen), Geno has another good year and maybe even improves slightly. They need all their rookies from last year to improve but that should happen. A lot has to come together and even then they might be slightly short but they could mount a serious challenge. They’re outrageous in the skills positions. Low floor and high ceiling.

The Vikings
Don’t make me laugh

The Jets
Well it’s not impossible because they’ve got the GOAT and he’s going there to win. I just don’t quite see the foundations. Should make the playoffs though. Great RBs, Garret Wilson, Goat, the Sauce… is that really enough? Not impossible but I doubt it.

I don’t really see anyone else having a chance.

Most likely to win the SB (allowing for potential upside)

1. The Eagles
  2. The Chiefs
  3. The Bengals
  4. The Lions
  5. The Seahawks

No-one else has a realistic chance although the 49ers and Bills will get good results during the ordinary season.

3 Likes

You’ve given very little thought to the defences there mate,
And in your rush you forgot to give us a rundown on your thoughts about the team you picked to win

The team that plays out in UL have as much chance as the Lions and Seahawks

What a load of shit @Tank , “Ordinary season” says it all really. Clueless.

The Packers punter might become the first active Irish player in the league for 40 years.

Justin Herbert for MVP and Chargers for the Superbowl.

Rams led by donald and kupp

I wouldn’t be surprised if the Rams end upbthe worst team of the season, although the Cards might take some beating.