Super Bowl LVIII - Viva Las Vegas 🐐

Prediction for season ahead? Further progression?

The only improvement they can make is to get to the Super Bowl.

They have a shot at it too, I don’t think there are too many sides with a realistic chance of winning the NFC aside from the Lions, Packers and 49ers. The lions have depth in every area and will be a fine side again this year but if Goff or either offensive tackle get a season ending injury then they will struggle.

I’d expect Gibbs to take another step forward while Jameson Williams looks primed to break out in year three, this is the first full pre season he has had and seems to have matured hugely too.

They have overhauled their corner backs as well which was the big weak link last year. Kindle Vildor who was a starter last year in the playoffs is now in a battle for CB5 on the roster and they have more depth on the defensive line as well so would expect the defence to take a step forward while the offence to stay at the level it has been at for the past two years.

Encouraging news.

They pretty much have to be indoors in the post-season to have a chance. Narrows the margin for error significantly

Why do you say that? They went and won outdoors away to the chiefs, packers, Bucs and Chargers last year and have won their last three games in Lambeau. Did well the year before too when playing outdoors too.

Goff is better statistically indoors alright but thr lions have a solid record when playing outdoors. Doubt they can run the table as 7th seeds but if they win their division chances are they may only gave one outdoor game at most.

If only @Lazarus was around to see this

https://twitter.com/michael_nfl/status/1828459897068909048?s=46&t=YOfhVM10W0bcyIiYSLI3Wg

As we said… He’s been cut.

If he clears waivers he’ll go on practice squad… Someone might take a ‘punt’ on him tho

I was thinking with the new kick off taking a punt on him and have him run returns against defences that may be disjointed due to confusion might be a play. Could take half the season before the kicking team learns how to defend him

What does he do that nobody else can on kickoff returns?

Speaks Welsh

4 Likes

Considering the defence will reach a slower pace and how a back 3 player plays in rubby he could expose space and make some good yards. Blockers will create a leg in the defence line and head fod that gap. Really the only skill that he cpuld brimg from rubby

You’re grossly underestimating the ability of top class NFL returners if you think they could learn shiftiness from mediocre rubby players

1 Like

https://twitter.com/mysportsupdate/status/1828527280798289947?s=46&t=bi9TPLB4aIa07RQv_xWOxQ

Drafted in 2022 - he must be some prick

Is it common for teams to cut lads in the same year they draft them? Presume it can happen for lower round picks?

Day three picks yes, but typically any guy taken before the 6th or 7th round is pretty much a roster lock.

1 Like

Yeah I was surprised to see the Eagles cut a WR they took in the 5th round this year.

I assume the Dotson trade fucked him as they have 5 decent WRs. Occasionally a guy will get squeezed out like that.

1 Like