Superbowl LI: The Road to Houston, Texas

+1 it’s looking that way now,you would always look for the toughest defense at this stage but I don’t see any team stopping the Falcons at a neutral venue simply because no elite defenses are left,the Pats are tough on that side of the ball but the likes of Malcom Butler would get destroyed by Julio looking at the Falcons lately.

Only got to see the highlights this weekend due to prior commitments.

Falcons look the most complete team. I think the Pats will be happier facing the Steelers than the Chiefs, they didn’t have to show their hand at all this weekend.
Agreed with the Packer Defence being a hindrance to them as well.

Falcons v Patriots Superbowl for me.

I’m glad the Steelers won as I couldn’t see the Chiefs putting up enough points in NE to beat the Pats. At least the Steelers have a punchers chance with the weapons they have.

The Packers were running on fumes at the end last night and will have to up their game again if the are to beat the Falcons in Atlanta. If Rodgers is to be even in the conversation as being the GOAT he must go in there and win.

I’d lean towards a Pats v Falcons final but I’m hopeful they should be two close games.

I’d have much rathered face the Chiefs than Steelers to be honest. Steelers can get pressure through the O line, and as shown by the Texans (and Denver last year), the best way to limit the Patriots offence is to smack Brady up as much as possible. Steelers have a huge amount of sacks over the past few games, and they will hit hard. Plus they have 2 very real threats in Bell and Brown. Most teams only have the one real threat, but the Steelers can mix it up any way they want. Patriots may still have enough for them, but I had thought all along that the only team in AFC possible of beating the Patriots was the Steelers. Still think the Pats might have enough to beat the Steelers, 2 tough away games and a slightly shorter week, as well as the Patriots not really getting tested, but it wont be comfortable at all.

1 Like

The Falcons and Matty Ice will never have a better chance at winning the Superbowl

Agreed.

The Pats showed that they’ve learned what to do against a decent pas rush against Denver a few weeks back though. The difference here will be that the Steelers O will not be anywhere near an inept as Denver was.

If they can stay within one score then it should be a great game.

Antonio Brown, whilst a great player and seemingly a decent guy, also seems a bit simple.

“Lets keep off social media, this is about us and no one else”

said whilst Brown is sending out a live Facebook video. :confounded:

1 Like

If Ryan can keep his nerve I can’t see GB getting anywhere close to containing the Atlanta offence. Getting at Ryan early and often will surely be the plan.

Rattling the Cowboys D early with penalties and free plays was the reason GB won last night. The Cowboys didn’t recover until the end of the 2nd quarter. They’re going to have to have some tricks up their sleeve to get over the line again this weekend

I’ll rattle you with a flag, you bollox.

:eek:

Pressuring the quarter back is key. Top analysis, chaps. :clap:

You’re like a pack of Bobs from Basingstoke tweeting about the hurling on Sky. Key is to knock the other geezer’s 'ead off and bang the ball into the goal.

'Av it.

13 Likes

You want some?

Bring it on, Bob.

Please, it’s Rob to my friends - Bob to associates.

2 Likes

He led his Offense to 2 more TDs than Big Ben did last night. He also converted the 2 point conversion to equalize the game that was disgracefully called back. Steelers got lucky

Not as bad as the Sky team, do they think they’re broadcasting to complete idiots? They spent about 5 minutes last night explaining the genius of Aaron Rodgers in taking a speculative throw down field after seeing a flag for encroachment.

Atlanta by 10
New England by 10

:slight_smile:

Once Eliot got going last night the packers D started to wilt. Dez had his stickem applied last night and it spooked the secondary. More backfield coverage led to more holes for Eliot to exploit. More ground game = less time Rodgers in possession. Atlanta have Freeman and Coleman as a double pronged genuinely good ground attack. Factor in Julio as Dez Bryant and you can see a pathway to a Falcons victory, in fact it could be a quite comfortable one should they follow the Dallas Q3/Q4 formula.
My disclaimer however is a game I referenced earlier in the thread, the last time GB went to Atlanta in the play offs. They didn’t punt once. It was the most complete offensive performance I’ve ever seen in a playoff game. James Starks ran riot on the ground once GOAT got them spooked early. Am not sure Ty Montgomery can do what Starks did that night but we know GOAT can. Still for me it’s all about Atlanta’s running game, keep the chains moving, keep Mattie on his feet and they’ll score plenty of points- enough to win anyway is my call.

In the other game, I was hoping Kansas would beat the Steelers but the Steelers won’t empty the togs the way Kansas did last year at Foxboro so in that sense at least we’ll have a competitive game next weekend. LeVeon Bell is the difference maker here, Patriots need to stop him early as any corrections in the defensive alignment will enable Ben to find Brown who has the height and agility on Butler imo. Still it’s the Pats in Foxboro in January- It usually takes superhuman defensive effort, reserved in recent time for the Ravens and Jets, to beat them in this situation. I love James Harrison but not sure he’ll get to Brady at all next week but he will die trying. A fascinating game, my logic says Steelers have more going for them but my head says NE won’t lose- if that makes sense ! if pushed I’d plump for the Bell factor tipping the balance slightly but not with any great conviction.

Steelers have three Bs - They only needed two last night. They will need all three to beat New England - Fucking game is on 11.40pm next Sunday.

Pity its on that early alright, Steelers are getting 6 and Packers getting 4 in Atanta. Have taken both lines already as reckon they are more likely to come in a little

2 Likes