Superbowl LI: The Road to Houston, Texas

Good hustle mate

1 Like

I’m sorry, guys. I didn’t want it to end up like this.

Kyle Shanahan to the Niners…

I’ve just read this again and lolled a lot.

2 Likes

I’ve actually tears rolling down my face here from laughing…unreal.

Ah @fran, well played mate.

Cheating fuck Brady will be taught a lesson by #12. Here’s hoping if both teams reach sb.

1 Like

This was one for all us amateur NFL fans pal.

We’ve got to fight for our right to post inane, pointless comments about sports we’ve just taken an interest in in the last few years

1 Like

:grinning:

FFS you only found out American Football existed when Sky/BT bought the rights and pelted you with advertisements telling you how amazing it is. Fellas following NFL think they are alternative because they follow a different sport but really they are just the biggest sheep going.
If Sky or whoever had decided that table tennis was going to be the next big thing you’d be on here criticising lads for simplistic analysis like “lovely backhand”

8 Likes

@bandage is acting like one of the Off The Ball lads reviewing newspapers of a Sunday here and you just blazed in like Ewan Mackenna and put him back in his box.

The irony being of course that he probably only started following NFL since he met @Rocko

2 Likes

I’ll shut this thread down if people keep slagging @bandage. It’s unseemly and unnecessary and uncalled for.

6 Likes

You aced it there young man. In a few years they’ll be watching Chinese soccer.

Hubby and i were back a few years ago and a nice chap behind the bar put on a wee tv for the 2 of us to watch our eagles.

:rollseyes:

Ive been an avid follower since gary imlach introduced me to the game on Saturday mornings, you are a simpleton, you cant follow the game so lash out at posters with a far higher intellect than you who understand the nuances. ‘shur its all just lads running into each other, waring a hape a padding’ you mutter incomprehensibly as you dribble into your pint in your local hovel.

4 Likes

While I agree with your comments about the ego maniac @maroonandwhite who had to turn @Fran’s wonderful turn of phrase into a conversation about himself, some on here discovered the game before Sky - while others like myself found the game after spending extended time in North America and fuck all else on during the weekends, mate.

But you can use that argument towards the legion of Soccer and Rugby fans in this country also. Sky has people convinced they are cockney, scouse or manc… Then you’ve the likes of @carryharry with his 'Munster by the grace of god shite - and the cunt living in Cashel :joy:

The whole world is a field and we are mere sheep in it.

7 Likes

Irish people followed English soccer teams well before sky. Bobby Sands was an avid Arsenal fan.

1 Like

Not to the same extent, bud. No where near the same cultural assimilation as we see today.

I think the obsession with English soccer teams is actually on the wane

I’m a Shanghai man myself these days.

1 Like

I saw my 1st American Football match in 1985 when the bears won the bowl. I remember a hardy lad by the name of the refrigerator playing. You could count on one hand what I’ve seen since, but that was an entertaining game of ball last high between the packers & cowboys.

The fall out from @Fran 's fatal post is phenomenal.