Swimmix

Water will be freezing but go for it, pal. You’ll be a new man after it. See how long you can hold your breath underwater for.

The North Sea is the one to sort the men from the boys by all accounts.

No. It’s a beauty of a day. I’ll be getting in myself in about an hour or so. @Funtime you swimming?

Black people are very poor swimmers by all accounts. You’d never see them on the medals podium at the Olympics. Has to do with their bone density. Their up side is that they rarely suffer from osteoporosis in old age.

I’ll take an “informative” rating on that one lads. Thanks!

Fantastic thanks chaps. I can’t hold my great under water for very long any more Horsey.

@glasagusban it’s high tide right now. Get in there.

Well @glasagusban @Horsebox @KinvarasPassion @fran and all other tfk swimmers. Did ye swim today? Went in off porto beach. Freezing going in but upgraded to bearable then ok before the end. Lasted about 10-15mins. Next time will involve some actual swimming as opposed to bobbing and playing in the waves.

2 Likes

I had a solid hour in pslc

Giant inflatable?

Nope.earlier

I must have imagined that whole Anthony Nesty lark.

Not today, my first swim of the year will be in the Med on Tuesday unless I manage to sneak one in tomorrow. I went for a run about 5pm and would’ve loved to have finished it off in the 40 foot but time constraints wouldn’t allow it

Smashing swim off the forty foot pal. Water was grand enough actually, expected it to be much colder. Freshened me right up.

2 Likes

I had Friday off so I headed for a early afternoon swim at the Forty Foot. First swim in ages, it was fucking brilliant, the rush when you jump in never gets old.

1 Like

I was in Thurles yesterday, bud so no dip for me. If it stays warm for the week I’ll get out one of the evenings.

https://cdn-business.discourse.org/uploads/default/original/2X/a/aade22c811087084c9751ce073d2a103a403ffe1.mp4

This may or may not upload from the bay swim last year.
The weather was unrale for the first couple of hours.

1 Like

Just went thigh high there now… ouch, fucking Baltic.

So, no swimming yet.

It’s warm enough over this side @KinvarasPassion. Evening high tides have meant the sea is coming in over hot sand and the temperature has been nice.

1 Like

Thigh high, you’re killing yourself there, you have to dive right in KP

The Atlantic in early May is baltic, no way around it…the only thing he would have achieved by diving in is sending his two privates to retreat deep into pelvic region for at least two hours.