Swimmix

It’s cold no doubt but you get used of it. 5 mins in, 10 mins in the sun, rince and repeat

1 Like

I was in guileen today and it was fucking freezing my teeth were chattering after about 5 minutes

Sellafield warms the sea a bit up that direction

I brought up the 100th dip of the year last week.

6 Likes

Not sure exactly why but went to Beal Bán in Ballyferriter yesterday and the water was genuinely roasting. I stayed in it for pretty much an hour straight. Was in Ventry today and it was a lot colder but still alright.

I was a 20 minutes yesterday, it’s lovely, no cold in it in the sun. Almost too warm.

1 Like

My young fellow is a creature of habit so we invariably swim in one of the coves near Dunmore East where the water is always cold as the sun never gets in at it properly. I was down in Kerry last summer for a few nights and went in for evening dips in Inch and Rossbeigh. It was like getting into a sauna after all the cold water swimming that we do.

4 Likes

Busy at the 40 foot yesterday

1 Like

It was like a fucking zoo. Nightmare getting in and out at low tide. Seapoint now shortly will do the job for today.

I’ll probably steer clear of the forty foot now til September, lovely swim but wedged. Vico this morning, nicest swim in Dublin I’d say.

1 Like

It’s not too bad during the week or at high tide but it was actually dangerous getting in and out yesterday with all the little shits fuckacting. Vico is lovely but didn’t have the legs for it yesterday.

Are you cycling or running out? I’d be unlikely to get out midweek. I don’t mind the big groups so much it’s the teens with speakers that bother me.

Cycling but was hungover yesterday so 40 foot was as far as we made it. Will be the last time I go there at low tide at the weekend though.

1 Like

They need to close the DART on nice days.

2 Likes

Just back from Sandycove. High tide and the place was mobbed as no beach space. We were on the bikes though so it’s grand as no parking to worry about.

Need to be getting out of there before 3pm though, before the hoards of teenagers with their boxes of warm Corona and beat boxes arrive

1 Like

Sumptuous Seapoint

3 Likes

You can’t beat the Borough coastline to be sure. The one reason I like going to Howth is that I can look back at the Southside.

Seapoint was the destination today at 2pm. Water was lovely and no scobes either.

I must have just missed @Spidey, what a pity.

2 Likes

There was a wan sunbathing just under you :eyes:.

I’d say I was just getting changed when that was taken

1 Like

With the tattoos :eyes: that was noted alright :smiley:

2 Likes