Tailteann Cup - The new Tommy Murphy

Looks like they delayed it for the lads!

Nothing asey there

No. Leitrim will be underdogs whoever they draw.

Sligo in Carrick the best we can hope for i suppose

Portlaoise is hopping

Any home draw will do.I thought we were very good in the first half yesterday.Coach Moran blooded a lot of lads in the league and it stood to them yesterday.Lads whining about not getting promoted need to cop on,this is hopefully a long term project.We have nothing to fear from any of these teams apart from Cavan and even with a home draw against them we’ll give them trouble.Ryan was back running Friday night apparently so hopefully he’ll be good to go next week.Keith Beirne was very poor in the second half yesterday I thought and we brought Mulligan on way to early imo.Coach Moran has built a good squad there and the only way is up.Fermanagh or Sligo will do nicely thank you.

1 Like

Wins for Carlow (vs Tipp), Westmeath (vs Laois) and Offaly (vs Wicklow) in the Southern section today.

They will be joined by New York in the quarter final draw tomorrow

That’s a fairly poor section to be fair, apart from Westmeath.

Great contest in Portlaoise today, lot to be said for the Tailteann Cup tbf. Laois had the winning of it but got caught for the goal from a kick out and couldn’t get it back. Probably spells the end for a few servants, can’t see Johnno, Lillis. Timmons or Munnelly coming back, Kingston will probably shuffle off too. But the young lads did well today and there is some hope you’d feel.

Carlow beating Tipp is a bit of a surprise. Poor year for Tipp.

1 Like

I get the feeling Tipp didn’t have the full deck

What was the attendance? Would be great if the competition took off even in a small way. 15 to 20k at the final would be decent I suppose.

1 Like

Looked like tullamore was empty for Offaly wickla game

Twas fucking empty

When was that a thing? Have no recollection of it.

Yeah Carlow hadn’t been going well at all this year either. Michael Quinlivan’s absence obviously felt by Tipp but they’d have been expected to win that game by 7 or 8 points even without him.

Like the 80 minute All-Ireland finals they were introduced for 1970 and abolished after 1974.

Whod be the optimum pairing for getting a decent crowd at the final? ABL anybody but leinster the rootless passionless cunts

Yeah I can’t believe they got promoted.I thought they’d bate Carlow though as bad as they are.

Tipp were awful against us. I said to myself coming out that I’d back whoever they were playing in this but then it was Carlow and their form was woejus so i left it off

They have fuck all goin for them apart from Sweeney up front.Theyll be relegated next year.