Tailteann Cup - The new Tommy Murphy

That’s a lot of matches

In the interest of getting out of this shitshow early I would disagree

1 Like

An awful amount of matches to get rid of 3 teams

Limerick vs Wicklow in a neutral venue. FFS. Whatever hope they’d have of a few turning up if twas in one or t’other

More than welcome to have it in Callan pal. Good pitch, great facilities, and you’d get a curious crowd at it.

:+1:

They played Laois v Westmeath in the NHL Relegation final in Semple a few weeks ago. Dont start me…

Hopefully sense will prevail and they’ll toss for it. Winner of the toss between Fortress Aughrim & Fortress Newcastle West would be a big momentum swinger though

Croke Park presumably?

The neutral venues for the TÁL Cup will be box office.

These are the neutral games. Hopefully there will be some left field choices.

Cavan v Offaly - this looks a biggie, Glennon Brothers Pearse Park and Mullingar both look too small. Athlone could be a left field choice but I’ll go with the Hyde.

Laois v London - Somewhere in Wales, possibly, maybe the Millennium Stadium. Or perhaps Innisfails, the nearest venue to Dublin Airport. Laois will be able to breathe in spirit of winningness that permeates this hallowed venue.

Meath v Down - a rematch of the 1991 All-Ireland final and you can be sure there will be as much interest this time. Inniskeen would be a poetic venue for this storied clash.

Tipperary v Waterford - Mallow looks too big for this one. I’ll go with Fermoy. Actually Fermoy looks too big. Mitchelstown it is.

Limerick v Wicklow - this will fill Portlaoise, you’d think.

Longford v Carlow - A Leinster derby. Kilbeggan looks the shout.

Fermanagh v Antrim - Owenbeg would be a fittingly bleak venue for this clash of the spartans.

Wexford v Leitrim - O’Toole Park.

2 Likes

Could Carrick on Suir be considered neutral ground?

As a punishment for the racist incident a few weeks back the GAA could subject the people of Carrick to this.

Each game will need a title as well

Cavan v Offaly - Battle of the Bogsiders

Laois v London - Queens County vs Kings City, the Royal Rumble

Meath v Down - The Downroyal races

Tipperary v Waterford - Battle of the Suir-ciders

Limerick v Wicklow - Double Ick

Longford v Carlow - The Fighting Cock Slashers

Fermanagh v Antrim - The Ulster Plantation Confrontation

Wexford v Leitrim - The Lovely Models Competition

3 Likes

Frongoch in North Wales. They played the All Britain final in 2016 there.

1 Like

They could get Michael Collins to referee it.

Advantage Leix if it’s played in a prison

1 Like

I’ve long advocated an international rugby style system where each inter-county game has a trophy at stake.

Wexford v Leitrim could play for the TFK Spring Soiree Cup, with @farmerinthecity and @Bandage posing awkwardly in their respective county jerseys for a publicity photo.

Clare man in goal for Laois today @Raylan

1 Like

An exciting draw today.

Fermanagh 1-13 Wexford 1-13.

Carlow win the big south Leinster derby, beating Wicklow 0-17 to 1-13.

Ulster final day with Armagh in it and Oisin is in Aughrim. :anguished:

London giving Cavan their fill of it, level approaching half time

The Wicklow revolution seems to be stalling