Tailteann Cup - The new Tommy Murphy

Listen here you, you little bollix, if you come at the king, you best not miss.

We cool?

1 Like

Shurlookit, it is what it is.

1 Like

Ive no bother with you. I just thought it was just Branagan who made the comments. Surprised O’Hagan a current player would say anything. We’re cool.

The ‘his’ that he’s referring to in this excerpt is not ‘his own’ but a ‘his’ as in Branagan’s comments.

I think we can agreed Genie is a proper prick

I assume that all of the earlier round games before the semi finals won’t be televised. Surely if you want to build a small bit of hype and focus around it at least one match per round should be televised.

Give it to TG4 for nothing or stick it on rte news now but at least if it is on tv people might take a small bit of notice.

Same should be done with the Joe Mcdonagh to be fair.

3 Likes

Leitrim v Antrim is being televised next week,not sure about this week.

Pairc Seán will be resplendent. We’re suddenly becoming box-office. We’ll slaughter them……

1 Like

Did Pairc Sean hold an All Ireland Final there last weekend?

U-20 final there between Tyrone and Kildare. It’s quite an accessible venue with good parking and a fairly new stand that I’ve never been in. There’s a long covered area on the other side that we’ve morphed into and stayed there since it opened. For some peculiar reason the same patrons are in generally the same positions going back to the opening of the park in 1964. The pitch itself is best described as “slow” which is a metaphor for glorified bogland…….

3 Likes

Only being streamed on gaago from what I saw.

True that indeed. @Massey gets overly excited at times. Youthful exuberance and all that.

“I hope this competition is a big success”

One paragraph preview for each game

https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2022/0520/1300117-colm-orourkes-tailteann-cup-preview/

O Rourke’s being phoning it in for years.These lads need to be put out to grass.

2 Likes

Literally. That article is based on his very brief synopsis on Morning Ireland this morning.

The dream is over for this year for Waterford.

Do you have today’s scorelines?

Tonight’s Wexford win in Nowlan Park should add another 10k to the crowd at Bellefield tomorrow for our preliminary round clash with Offaly.

That’s gas

“These are two teams out of the bottom tiers.”

Eh they literally have to be Colm

Wickla hopped them. Wickla are of course a traditional powerhouse in second tier competitions

Wicklow are surely EASILY the worst gaa county in Ireland based on population relative to success. Was driving through it earlier and pondering how much of useless cunts they are.

2 Likes