Taxi Drivers

You’ve lost your edge , there’s at least 3 lads in that tale that you could have sparked …

I’d have been on the train kid with @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy.

It felt like I was on that journey with you!!

2 Likes

Were you the taxi driver?

1 Like

Who me?

1 Like

My taxi driver tonight was a Pakistani National record holder in Olympic weightlifting. He showed me the photos and all. He’d let it go he said as life had got in the way.

He was a department manager in Debenhams and lost his job and is now taxiing. He was a bit down about himself

We discussed the gym and weightlifting and I pointed out how impressive Olympic weightlifting was and that he’d be a much happier man under a bar again.

He’s assured me he’s going to go back at it and get back lifting.

#bekind.

14 Likes

Did you spread the good news (psyllium husk)?

How much would a taxi driver make into the paw for a 40 hour week? It’s my dream retirement job. Driving around talking shite and giving out about pat Kenny (or his future equivalent)

4 Likes

they all have EVs now that they get at huge discounts so the expense is a lot less than before

Yes a lad was telling me that with all the grants he was getting a new MG taxi for about €10k

1 Like

And fuck all expense on fuel now.

What would it cost to charge it up?

I was looking at it recently and it’d nearly be worth your while pretending to be a taxi driver to get a free EV out of it

Wait till Darren Frehill has the late late

at a guess,its a fifth of what petrol would cost

What kind of a guess is that - educated or entirely random?

it costs me about €4 for 220km, how much would it cost in an Ice car for that? im guessing €20

thats the rationale, @Gman did the figures before

1 Like

I’d say go €30 now

Do you just need to have a SPSV license to qualify for the grant? €250 for the license, €10k grant, sounds like a no brainer,

I’m sure there is some safety built in to stop it