Taxi Drivers

Were you the taxi driver?

1 Like

Who me?

1 Like

My taxi driver tonight was a Pakistani National record holder in Olympic weightlifting. He showed me the photos and all. He’d let it go he said as life had got in the way.

He was a department manager in Debenhams and lost his job and is now taxiing. He was a bit down about himself

We discussed the gym and weightlifting and I pointed out how impressive Olympic weightlifting was and that he’d be a much happier man under a bar again.

He’s assured me he’s going to go back at it and get back lifting.

#bekind.

14 Likes

Did you spread the good news (psyllium husk)?

How much would a taxi driver make into the paw for a 40 hour week? It’s my dream retirement job. Driving around talking shite and giving out about pat Kenny (or his future equivalent)

4 Likes

they all have EVs now that they get at huge discounts so the expense is a lot less than before

Yes a lad was telling me that with all the grants he was getting a new MG taxi for about €10k

1 Like

And fuck all expense on fuel now.

What would it cost to charge it up?

I was looking at it recently and it’d nearly be worth your while pretending to be a taxi driver to get a free EV out of it

Wait till Darren Frehill has the late late

at a guess,its a fifth of what petrol would cost

What kind of a guess is that - educated or entirely random?

it costs me about €4 for 220km, how much would it cost in an Ice car for that? im guessing €20

thats the rationale, @Gman did the figures before

1 Like

I’d say go €30 now

Do you just need to have a SPSV license to qualify for the grant? €250 for the license, €10k grant, sounds like a no brainer,

I’m sure there is some safety built in to stop it

Depends on how cold it is.

Tripped and fell last night out walking. Taxi passing. Picked my up and dropped me home. Wouldn’t take money. These lads get a bad rap but there are some diamonds in there too.

28 Likes

Are you alright mate?