Taxi Drivers

Hope you’re alright.

Hope you are okay

Hope you are ok.

I’m grand. A few cuts. Bruised pride.

13 Likes

As tough as a boot

2 Likes

Take it easy. If you went to hospital they ask you if you lost consciousness at all - once you remember the trip you’re grand

1 Like

I went out running one icy morning and took a tumble at the side of the road. A lovely taxi driver slowed down to point and laugh at me.

Just for balance like.

Hope your pride is ok @Fagan_ODowd

5 Likes

Fixed that for you.

Was there a few scoops involved?

A lad near me who’d be in his late 60’s took a bad fall outside his door one time after a lash of pints, he looked like he’d went 12 rounds with Tyson the following day. If it wasn’t for his wife hearing the bang you would of thought someone had assaulted him

We’ve to worry about you now.

“He was never the same after he had that fall”

2 Likes

You couldn’t make it up

National Transport Authority says no to Uber and instead proposes increasing taxi fares.

https://www.rte.ie/news/primetime/2022/0621/1306170-dublin-taxi-shortage/

What I find is that, when you go to other countries, you have other options than a taxi – whether that’s public transport, or you also have things like Uber and things like Lyft and they are just not available in Ireland in the same way," Mr Varadkar said last week.

“Maybe we need to look at that again and see if we can liberalise that.”

But Anne Graham, the chief executive of the National Transport Authority, said she would not be in favour of such a move, suggesting it would “undermine the regulated market”.

Noting that Uber operates in Ireland with “licenced vehicles and licenced drivers”, Ms Graham said that the country would lose both drivers and vehicles from the regulated taxi market.

“It would impact as well on customers and the service that customers would get,” she said.

Instead, Ms Graham said that the authority will be undertaking a taxi driver recruitment campaign and examining how taxi drivers can be incentivised to operate more at nighttime.

“We are ensuring that in our taxi maximum fares audit, that we just completed, that drivers will be paid more for operating in those hours, they get more of an increase,” she said.

what kind of a backward country are ye running at all?

Just seen this. Hope all ok since

Ceart go leor.

1 Like

I am of the opinion that uber should be legalised in this country outside of medium to large urban areas. Would do wonders for small towns and villages.

5 Likes

A mighty sensible suggestion.

2 Likes

I’m in a WhatsApp group of about 20 lads that operates to all intents and purposes like free uber… Anyone out locally just says I need a spin home and someone goes and does it. 1 in 20 mightnt work maybe if a fella was looking for a spin at 3 am on a school night or something… Same if you needed to be dropped to the train or picked up after car service or something…

It’s self policing because of you don’t do your share of picking up nobody will pick you up… In fact a few lads have been fucked out of the group… Tbh I just assumed this was a common enough practise

10 Likes

Eamonn Ryan was ridiculed for suggesting this.

6 Likes

If the cat had kittens Éamonn would get the blame

4 Likes