Taxi Drivers

This lad was from Kerry it turned out. Yerra.

Called a taxi in Spain earlier today to return to our accommodation. No apps or Uber in Spain now so it was old fashioned go to a rank (no cars there) and call a taxi company. Blistering heat. Taxi arrived as requested. I thought I got a smell of booze from driver but then thought I was imagining it as it was 1pm and had never come across it before.

He takes off with me in front seat and my wife and two kids in back. He negotiates the town and we reach the motorway/dual carriage way. He seems to be swerving a little bit and car is slightly in two lanes. Then car starts to drift across lanes and towards other cars and verge/crash barrier. I look over and his eyes are closed and he is nodding off.

I start shouting. Wife is screaming at him. He wakes up and looks at me and I point at road. He is struggling to stay awake and car starts to drift again towards a crash barrier. Older son is crying now. I keep pointing at road ahead and tell him to keep looking. He slows right down and with all his effort he manages to stay awake.

Proper scary. Wife and older son were really shaken up. Longest five minutes of my life until we reached a place where he could safely pull in and let us out.

He didn’t charge me in fairness. I’ll trust my gut instinct I hope in the future.

11 Likes

Scary shit. Glad you’re all safe.

1 Like

El Linque Walsh?

13 Likes

Jesus Christ, that’s frightening.

1 Like

:sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

Glad you’re safe, brother.

2 Likes

Sound fella :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Hows he going to afford more booze if he doesnt collect his fares ?

1 Like

Feckin hell

What part of Spain, my friend? I spend a decent bit of time there and this experience would be most uncommon. There’s always a rogue, though.

There’s a good chance you’ll never get him.

2 Likes

You didn’t have to drive. That’s what matters.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/district-court/taxi-driver-secretly-topped-up-fares-by-9-per-trip-in-colossal-scam-1.4079519%3Fmode=amp

So he makes a minimum of 2500 through planned and organised theft from ordinary folk, on top of his fares, and gets fined 750.
Wtf like?

1 Like

Yeah I can’t get my head around that. He may as well just keep at it

Probably ratted

Could you explain to us how you pull this off?