Terrible websites

Ya, looking at it on the phone and it’s pretty slick.
Except the colours are shocking. Very garish. Bright greens and oranges.
I suppose they is the colours of Eire innit?

Yea, it does look decent enough on the phone but it looks an absolute cunt on the desktop.

This.

http://rebelog.ie/

What an unusable piece of shit.

eSports are useless cunts. Or Sportsmanager, whatever they call themselves these days.

How did they get that gig? Purely due to lack of competition I suppose? It really is a terrible product and looks like it hasn’t been updated in 10 years.

Reddit. Unreadable 1999-esque shit.

1 Like

They were cosy with the GAA back in the day. Got a lot of County sites. Then something changed in HQ, servasport were in and eSports were out. Serva handle the fixtures, transfers, player reg, etc etc, huge contract. esports had a few auld website platforms and the future wasn’t so bright anymore I guess. They do a lot of websites for varying sports, but I generally find them to be unusable dirge.

There was a lot of shite going around the place before WordPress became popular.

I remember at least three platforms being proposed to clubs around 2008/9. All completely horrible.

Wordpress is the very definition of a game changer.
The greatest piece of web software ever produced.

4 Likes

In my current role I’ve had a few designers in touch trying to sell other software, including the dire ModX and numerous other Bespoke systems.

Anyone trying to sell these on is clearly trying to get extra cash off you from providing support and limiting the amount of control you can have over you own website.

The IT shower in HQ were fairly useless themselves to be honest. Not sure how Meehan is doing since he went in there.

1 Like

Didn’t know he was in there. It would have saved clubs a lot more money to get Co Boards to run brief seminars on what to do.

Even come up with an easily editable template on WordPress what could be used by all interested clubs. The majority of clubs do everything on Facebook these days.

They have a new solution, this was one of the clubs trialed with it, so you can guess who was behind it.

http://www.conahyshamrocks.gaa.ie/Pages/Default.aspx

Looks along the lines of what you both are saying as well. Idiot proof.

That’s a good effort, aside from the horrible pattern background at the sides.

Any idea how much they’re charging for it?

All information here, it really does seem idiot proof with a lot of memory and simple enough applications. Credit to Nickey tbf.

That looks decent and good value too.

The links to to the two other club websites are broken :slight_smile:

Yeah very good effort., €100 is excellent for it as well.

I’d love to see the back end and what’s possible with regards to SEO or other developments. They should really be pushing this a bit more.

Well done GAA, now please get a Gamepass-style solution sorted and tell Sky to fuck off :slight_smile:

It seems to be €100 all in, forever? You wouldn’t want to be in competition with that.

You wouldn’t…

I assume the GAA as subsidising that?

So they are :grinning: