Terrible websites

They all look grand, until clubs need to put a gammy sponsors logo in the header, then another 10 down the side.

Sponsors are a pain in the ass alright.

Trying to find a link to all Club websites, that fucking gaa.ie is some shitheap itself.

1 Like

Usually a local pub that’s done up their logo in Microsoft Word

2 Likes

Way over complicated and trying to look too modern.

Keep It Simple Stupid is the doctrine that should always be followed.

1 Like

Dont forget the

1 Like

It was built to look well on mobile I think. It looks shit as an actual website. Probably cost a small fortune as well no doubt

Seriously, the GAA dont have a page linking to their own GAA Club websites. Or if they do, I cant fucking find it.

This is the closest I can find. I see some CB’s (cough Laois) arent even willing to put up their email address for fear someone contacts them

1 Like

There’s too much of that these days.

Mobile is most important as it makes up the vast majority of visitors these days but it’s like cutting off your nose despite your face.

The worst thing about it is that someones working hard to keep that updated. You’d feel sorry for them, they have the endeavour, just not the know how. There’s people out there who could knock something up for them in a weekend, and who would do so if they were approached.

1 Like

Would take very little investment to fix it. A couple of grand tops. The annual cost of one or two of Davy’s gophers would cover it.

The redesigned www.rte.ie is even worse than the old one.

That’s quite an achievement.

1 Like

Very bad, again a website that has been redesigned purely with mobile in mind.

2 Likes

the wikileaks website is one of the worst i have ever seen
perfect for a bunch of doleheads wandering around in tinfoil hats i suppose

2 Likes

Ssssshhhhh! That’s exactly what they want you to think.

RTE Player, specifically the “live” section.

The picture quality regularly breaks down into a blur. There is no facility to flick back if you miss something. And for live sport, it’s minutes behind live TV.

BBC iPlayer has none of these inconveniences.

I might log this on the “Things the Brits do better” thread.

Another example of public sector incompetence. GAAGO uses the same player as RTE and it is a pile of shite that they ask GAA starved ex-pats to hand over their hard earned cash for.

TG4 must have no more than 5% of the budget of RTE and their online player is excellent quality.

1 Like

The GAA isn’t the public sector, mate.

RTE is.

How much is GaaGo for the year?