Terrorism Thread. The terror of another nembo kev thread

Where do you get all the stats @anon7035031? 80% of Muslims believe as above or 64% of the Koran is about killing infidels

68% of his stats are made up.

I wasn’t even trying to mount an “argument” in that little exchange.

All was doing was exposing your argument as infantile, hypocritical and deeply confused, which it quite clearly is.

And it was very easy to do.

The latter article is from a Jewish professor at the University of Haifa, and obviously has bias, but all opinions on the topic are biased to some degree. I’m sure TFK has an Islamic scholar who can refute Professor Bukay.

Ah come on now in fairness.

1 Like

Would you be happier with an article from a “moderate” Muslim, sitting in the comfort of his ivory tower US university?

The big lie in the Hasan article posted above, like all similar articles, is this myth of the moderate Muslim. The vast majority of Muslims do not live in the west, and to the great majority of them, there is no such thing as a moderate Muslim. To Muslims who practice their faith and believe in sharia law, there is no difference between a Christian infidel and a Muslim infidel.

The only way to overcome this problem is to confront the ideology head on. Strangely enough liberals have no problem confronting Christian ideology they don’t like, such as any restrictions on abortion or same sex marriage, but have a big problem confronting an ideology that calls for capital punishment for these “offenses”.

its not strange to attack the dominant religion in a country rather than a minority one

1 Like

It’s truly strange to attack a belief held by one religion while simultaneously defending from attack another religion that holds the same belief. In particular when the consequences are quite stark, like being criticized for being a homosexual compared to being executed.

Unless one suffers from cognitive dissonance, like pretend Catholics.

Why are you doing it, then? :smile:

I’m not.
How many Christians believe in sharia law?
If a Christian proposes that a religious belief be enshrined in law, such as the 8th amendment in Ireland, I oppose that as well.

Again, you’re vilifying one religion based on ancient texts while defending another religion which has even more violent ancient texts.

Vilify away by all means, but at least be honest that you’re doing it entirely selectively and based on obviously ulterior motives.

Nope, I’m debating what people believe, not what’s in their fairytales. Surprising lack of intellect that you cannot distinguish the two.

How do you propose to do this? Personally I think these lone wolf style terrorist attacks are taking on a life of their own. Much like the school shootings in the states. There will always be nutjobs trying to imitate and outdo what they hear and read about and what’s gone before. Obviously this caliphate nonsense also feeds in to it for the Muslim chaps. It’s quite attractive really. Going off to fight the infidels for the honour of your religion and the forty virgins.

You’re wasting your time with him. He will do any and all mental gymnastics required, can’t see the crushing hypocrisy of his double standards and will not confront reality in front of him, in order to remain ‘right on’. Don’t know why you bother.

It’s for the sake of the children mate.

Lone wolf my ass. Making a device like this guy had is not trivial, it’s not like an old truck bomb that McVie used in Oklahoma City. You need a rudimentary factory setup and know what you’re doing. I would say 100% he didn’t make the bomb. Likely he didn’t do the planning or logistics either. Most likely just the mule.

I agree somewhat with the analogy to the US in that we are dealing with nutters, and that it is literally impossible to stop lone wolves. What’s happening in Europe is not lone wolves, there are thousands of radicalized young males who have been to war zones and trained by ISIS.

1 Like

Why did US intelligence leak everything they had on the attack to the New York Times? What’s gong on here?

1 Like

Is there a Qur’an new testament?

Bizarre. I was watching it on the news last night. They seemed to have leaked every last piece of information they had.

The Yanks don’t have a very good record in not leaking stuff recently. Seems to be very amateurish. The Brits are livid and of course any negative feedback about the CIA will help POTUS in his crusade against the security services.