Terrorism Thread. The terror of another nembo kev thread

A “war on terror” is a fallacy. It’s all about control and money.

2 Likes

A war on disorder it is so :clap:

like them all

It’s all about the money. Everything is

1 Like

What the fuck have Belgium done to annoy these fuckers?

McCann’s article is largely based on this article which I read over the last couple of days (note: it will take you well over an hour to read it and understand it properly).

There is no doubt that he’s right. Religion is at the core of ISIS is doing and to gloss over that is idiotic. I understand why you have politicians saying that “this has nothing to do with Islam” and that “ISIS are the antithesis of Islam, which is a religion of peace” and all that, but it’s clearly utter nonsense, and if they believe that, they’re fooling themselves.

Clearly there are other major contributory reasons why Muslims are travelling to join ISIS or shooting innocent people in Europe, ie, the constant meddling in the Middle East by the West, but religion* is* one of the core ones.

The problem with Islam is that for all Muslims, the words of the Koran cannot be challenged as they are “perfect”. They can only be interpreted. And interpretation is subjective, there is no right or wrong. So ISIS’s interpretation, from a purely religious point of view, is no less valid than that of a Muslim who believes the words of the Koran implore them to be peaceful. But some of the stuff in that article I linked to is just laugh out loud hilarious.

Religious insanity is far from exclusive to Muslims. It’s why you have Israeli settlers calling themselves “the chosen people”, and at least a contributory factor in the thinking behind why the Iraq War was waged. The bottom line is that it’s utterly mental for people to be reading 1,500 or 2,000 year old books and thinking they have any validity or any relevance to anything.

The Bible has some pretty mental things in it too. You’ll get the apologists saying “oh, but there was a reformation and an enlightenment” and nobody takes it seriously. Well, why is still so ubiquitous a cultural reference point in Western societies, when it’s such a pile of shit?

1 Like

so deep man

Many mainstream Muslim organizations have gone so far as to say the Islamic State is, in fact, un-Islamic. It is, of course, reassuring to know that the vast majority of Muslims have zero interest in replacing Hollywood movies with public executions as evening entertainment. But Muslims who call the Islamic State un-Islamic are typically, as the Princeton scholar Bernard Haykel, the leading expert on the group’s theology, told me, “embarrassed and politically correct, with a cotton-candy view of their own religion” that neglects “what their religion has historically and legally required.” Many denials of the Islamic State’s religious nature, he said, are rooted in an “interfaith-Christian-nonsense tradition.”

Every academic I asked about the Islamic State’s ideology sent me to Haykel. Of partial Lebanese descent, Haykel grew up in Lebanon and the United States, and when he talks through his Mephistophelian goatee, there is a hint of an unplaceable foreign accent.

According to Haykel, the ranks of the Islamic State are deeply infused with religious vigor. Koranic quotations are ubiquitous. “Even the foot soldiers spout this stuff constantly,” Haykel said. “They mug for their cameras and repeat their basic doctrines in formulaic fashion, and they do it all the time.” He regards the claim that the Islamic State has distorted the texts of Islam as preposterous, sustainable only through willful ignorance. “People want to absolve Islam,” he said. “It’s this ‘Islam is a religion of peace’ mantra. As if there is such a thing as ‘Islam’! It’s what Muslims do, and how they interpret their texts.” Those texts are shared by all Sunni Muslims, not just the Islamic State. “And these guys have just as much legitimacy as anyone else.”

Sure we’ll run with that so. :clap:

Gave them homes.

gave them asylum

Those shouting loudest on here that Muslims are getting blackguarded by all and sundry because they are in essence decent peaceful skins are the exact same patriots who guffaw at the Catholic church and those who find solace from Catholicism.

I get the feeling that if the whole planet turned on Catholics then it would be cool again amongst the minority chasers to stand up for them and fight for their right to do the funny little stuff Catholics do.

Standing up for Muslims in the current environment is not funny and bloody reckless.
Survival of greater humanity is priority here. Looks like Muslims don’t agree. So it’s up to those a la carte Muslims to fight their own cause.
Come back to us when he have your shut sorted lads but for the moment I’d like to raise my off spring and for them to do likewise in an environment that doesn’t resemble the apocalypse, if ye don’t mind.

1 Like

“Donald J. Trump, who earlier in the week said he was open to requiring Muslims in the United States to register in a database, said on Thursday…he ‘would certainly implement that — absolutely.’…Asked later…how such a database would be different from Jews having to register in Nazi Germany, Mr. Trump repeatedly said, ‘You tell me,’ until he stopped responding to the question.”

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

The vast majority of them are decent, peaceful skins.

The vast majority of people of any religion are decent, peaceful skins, even if what they believe in and practice with regard to their religion, is utter, utter nonsense.

me a real list

A progressive move by the Americans in the war against Muslim terrorists

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I’m sure many of ye were thinking of ordering the Surviver Series PPV but hold tough a while in case it is cancelled.

Image from http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/304/media/images/59259000/jpg/_59259764_downing_st_mortar_bbc304.jpg.

Image from http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn179/Brucev8/CNV00091.jpg.

Farm hands from Ireland brought the brits to their knees.

With a bit of effort Bray Wanderers would beat ISIS.

2 Likes