Terrorism Thread. The terror of another nembo kev thread

Didn’t say that at all.

Only 5% of the UK population is Muslim. The snowflakes go on as if it was 55%.

:joy: I stay awake at night thinking of what anonymous posters on TFK think of me.
Go back to your Zionist conspiracy theories.

Basing an argument against an entire religion and calling it “evil” based on literal interpretations of 1500 year old texts is infantile.

One can just as easily mount exactly the same argument against Christianity.

You’ve previously talked here about banning all of Islam, so you need to seriously work on what the word “distinction” means.

It was all about “jobs, jobs, jobs” the other night.

If Lockheed Martin developed an undetectable, smart suicide bombing device and the US signed, say, a $100 billion deal with the Islamic State to use it against Assad’s forces, presumably jobs, jobs, jobs could justify that too?

the papers aid today that there was an anti ISIS speak at the mosque and he lost the head with the leaders for allowing it, they got into an argument with him

The French and the US seem to have released a lot of info about the guy so the brits were certainly aware of him

Martial law in the Philippines

Reddit saying Islamic state have taken over a city.

This will get very bloody. Can’t see Duerte doing anything but full on attack.

1 Like

a very strong leader with clear policies, we could do with him in Europe

There are two strands to all this. The radicalisation of Islam, and the Islamisation of radicalism. It’s a sort of chicken and egg situation.

The radicalisation of Islam has been facilitated by Saudi Arabia and its vast wealth as they export preachers and build schools and mosques abroad to spread extreme Wahabbism.

The Islamisation of radicalism has been facilitated by constant disastrous Western intervention in the Middle East, none more so than in Iraq. This starts out by being political, but the angry response is then channelled through religion. It’s also facilitated by the declining economies of Europe and the fact that second generation Muslim youth often find themselves near the bottom of the socio-economic order in Western countries, thus increasing their alienation.

These bombers aren’t Islamic scholars. They’re stupid, angry young men who are channelling their anger through Islam. This Salman Abedi was a Manchester United supporter. I’m not quite sure how that tallies with extreme Wahabbist or Salafist ideology, much like the guy in Brussels who was behind the Paris massacre who ran a bar.

Of course if you point out that the West’s actions in the Middle East are anything to do with the emergence of ISIS and the emergence of suicide bombers in Europe, you’re immediately branded as being an apologist for terrorism. Which is obviously utterly preposterous.

This lack of nuance is now commonplace, because these massacres by their nature tend to engender extreme reactions and eliminate nuance from reaction and debate. That’s what they’re designed to do. They’re nihilistic. People feel rage and want revenge. But there’s basically nothing for the ordinary person to take revenge on. So people have to invent something to direct their rage against, ie. all Muslims. Feelings and emotion trump reason.

This mindset is uncomfortably close to the mindset ISIS have.

As we know, ISIS themselves have vowed to eliminate what they call “the greyzone”, ie. eliminate moderate Islam. To do this they first have to eliminate “the greyzone” in Western politics and discourse, by committing acts so barbaric that they provoke disastrous, reactionary, authoritarian responses that outrage moderate Islam.

Every time we get things like Trump being elected, UKIP or Le Pen rising in the polls, a Katie Hopkins Nazi-like tweet, Alex Jones calling the child victims of the Manchester massacre “liberal trendies” or people calling for internment or deportment of British citizens, people who were born and brought up in Britain, the “greyzone” in Western politics and discourse is eroded more, and ISIS wins more.

Arguments about “rounding up” “internment” or deportation are terminally dumb. Anybody who knows anything about this country’s history will know that and what happens when you throw out law and victimise people because of their background.

And those cases act as recruiting agents for violent groups in and of themselves.

2 Likes

He doesn’t like people who take yokes though

he won’t be worried about hurting their feelings anyway that’s for sure

1 Like

There’s an awful lot of raw rabid religious prejudice and unreasonable and unwarranted hatred on display in this thread. Cop on to yourselves will you.

One could, but anyone doing so is a simpleton devoid of any reasoning power.

Leaving aside the quite startling contrasts between the philosophies and basic tenets espoused in the New Testament which define Christianity (love of your fellow man, love your enemy not just your neighbor), versus the Quran (hate anyone who is non-Muslim, infidels must die), the facts of what people believe today and the cultures they desire to live in makes a nonsense of any such argument.

In Muslim majority countries, over 80% of Muslims believe Sharia law should be the law of the land. 50 - 70% believe sharia should apply to all citizens. Of the subset that believe sharia should be the law of the land, approx 80% believe chopping off limbs is appropriate for stealing, stoning is the appropriate punishment for adultery, and death the appropriate punishment for converting to another faith, homosexuality, etc.

How many Christians in Christian majority countries believe the law and punishment for breaking the law should be based on the Old Testament?

Ah, right, I see you completely disregard the bits of the Bible you don’t like.

So, according to you, you can use one stupid argument against one religion to argue a point, but you can’t use the exact same argument against another religion purely because it doesn’t suit you.

Whatever.

1 Like

As I said, but you conveniently ignored, I’m not basing my argument on religious texts. I’m basing it on the stated opinion of what type of society Muslims desire to live in, not just for themselves but all members of said society.

You can’t answer that fundamental fact, so no surprise at the deflection.

1 Like

Absolutely nothing, I would have thought.

Maybe you could enlighten us?

Is that not the job of the “prophet”?

There’s no deflection whatsoever.

What I said you’re arguing is exactly what you’re arguing.

No, you are completely illogical. You stated it was a fallacy to state Muslims believe their religious texts literally. The facts state that they do. Not all Muslims obviously, but over 80% in Muslim majority countries.

A religious text, or any fairytale for that matter, is obviously not of concern if people do not take it literally.

Sure you previously forcefully stated a distinction between the “vast majority of Muslims” and “the hateful ideology of Islam”.

Now you’re saying the vast majority of Muslims cannot be separated from “the hateful ideology of Islam”, ie. you’re arguing the direct opposite of what you previously argued.

You’re all over the place. :smile: