Terrorism Thread. The terror of another nembo kev thread

The Yanks don’t have a very good record in not leaking stuff recently. Seems to be very amateurish. The Brits are livid and of course any negative feedback about the CIA will help POTUS in his crusade against the security services.

That’s kind of what I’m wondering about, the reverse ball hop.

Yea but do you have any idea why they would have leaked it? Is it just for the sake of it or is there anything to be gained by it?

Well it’s either a thick cunt trying to play the big man with the New York Times or it was leaked intentionally to cause problems for someone else.

I’m just baffled by it. If it happened in New York would there have been a leak?

Clearly the NYT and Washington Post have sources within US intelligence that are leaking everything they are aware of. It’s been going on at an unprecedented level since Trump won the election, and clearly is intended to undermine him. They may have shot themselves in the foot on this one, as Trump could use this to clean house.

Exactly, as regards framing people, or taking it out on anyone’s family. A meaningful way would be, like any guilt, for the legal system to decide. You have to trust it even though it’s fallible, or what else have you?

Pursuing.

1 Like

It now seems that members of the Muslim community did report their concerns about this chap to the authorities but the authorities didn’t act on the information. Where does that leave us?

2 Likes

Theresa May has been home secretary or PM for the last 7 years. She hasn’t a clue about what is going on at the moment. She has deployed the army on to the streets as the swingeing cuts the Tories have made to the police mean they can’t do the job properly. Britain is gripped by fear and panic. And her incompetence is largely to blame for it.

Britain needs to elect Jeremy Corbyn to restore order to the place.

2 Likes

I got hauled over the coals by our resident Tories a couple of weeks ago for suggesting that she is a person of mediocre abilities.

1 Like

And rightly so, it’s debatable whether she has any qualities, mediocre or otherwise

1 Like

Far easier to just vilify and scaremonger about Muslims in general terms.

Do we ever get the same posters who vilify Muslims in general terms vilifying the white community, or even the pro-gun lobby in the US for not doing more to prevent the regular shooting massacres that occur there?

Do we fuck.

Yet there would be far more reason to do so in the case in the pro-gun lobby.

But she has a PhD in geography from Oxbridge?

She got a 2.2 I believe.

At a time when Britain needed a visionary it got a plodder.

One interesting stat I read on my flight home from my trip to see the Lion King in Londons west end is that in France they have 400 Jihadis basically under house arrest. In Britain they have 7

2 Likes

LONDON — Prime Minister Theresa May was warned two years ago that cuts to community policing in Manchester had put the city at risk of a terrorist attack.

One-time Community Police Officer of the Year, Damian O’Reilly, made a heartfelt appeal to May to reverse cuts to local policing which had caused intelligence about possible attacks to dry up.

“I have worked in inner city Manchester for 15 years,” O’Reilly told May at a Police Federation conference in 2015.

"I felt passionate about what I was doing [but] in 2010 I had to leave. I couldn’t take it any more because the changes that have been imposed have caused community policing to collapse.

“Intelligence has dried up. There aren’t local officers, they don’t know what’s happening. They’re all reactive, there’s no proactive policing locally. That is the reality ma’am.”

He added that: “Neighbourhood policing is critical to dealing with terrorism. We run the risk here of letting communities down, putting officers at risk and ultimately risking national security and I would ask you to seriously consider the budget and the level of cuts over the next five years.”

May, who was at the time Home Secretary, told officers that budgets would continue to be restricted.

At the time the police had seen a cut in funding of 18% with the loss of more than 17,000 police officers nationwide.

1 Like

But isn’t the story that emerges in almost all these cases the same? After the fact it emerges the perpetrators and any accomplishes had been known to the authorities. Clearly whatever is being done isn’t working, or at least isn’t working well enough to prevent these kinds of attacks.

It would appear from reporting that these “ticking time bomb” jihadis, of which there are thousands in western countries, are by and large known to the authorities. I suppose the obvious question is, once they have been been radicalized and been to places like Syria and received training, why the fuck are they being allowed to move freely. Surely they should either be denied re-entry, deported, or locked up? The most inefficient means of dealing with them seems to be the one chosen i.e. surveillance, which is a massive drain on resources.

This report from Canada I think sums it up. The authorities know who these people are, but nothing is being done.

https://www.pressreader.com/canada/toronto-sun/20170525/281633895183786/textview

Is that not the fault of the authorities rather than a he Muslim communities?