Test Match Cricket

That ground in dharamsala must be one of the most beautiful sporting venues in the world.
Absolutely stunning.

1 Like

It’s a beautiful part of the world in the Himalayas Amazing there’s been two full days play. It never stops raining there.

7 Likes

It’s extraordinary alright.

That was a completely mad catch, the most stunned person in the ground was Latham himself.

What season would it be there now Geoffrey? Summer (if there is a summer as such)?

India post 332, first innings lead of 32. Huge and possibly series winning innings now for Australia. Not going well so far. 31/3. @Bandage will be shocked to hear that Steven Smith is already back in the pavillion.

4 Likes

332 not bad from where they were. The pitch looked tricky for batting.

It really says a lot about the incredible form Steven Smith is in at the moment, as the No 1 batsman in the world that every time he walks out, the expectation is that he’ll score a century.
He hasn’t done too badly in thus series so far has he? Three centuries, including a 178 not out. The most an Australian batsman has ever scored in a test series in India.

I actually didn’t respond to @Fitzy 's barb aimed at me after the previous test. I’ve never rated Steven Smith - he’s an annoying little gimp.

121/8.

2 Likes

This test is as good as over.

I disagree with the first part of your assessment on Smith in that I do rate him. I’m in full agreement with the annoying little gimp part though.

Kane Williamson is a mighty fine batsman. Was utterly imperious from the highlights yesterday.

2 Likes

Had a small bet on Australia there 33/1

Philander in the meantime looks around a stone overweight and has a sizeable belly. He’s trundling in at sub 130K and looks utterly innocuous. Can only assume the quota is the only thing keeping him in the team.

Younis Khan has brought up 10,000 test runs in the first test at Sabina Park - the first Pakistani batsman to achieve that feat. Pakistan 155/2 in response to Windies 286.

It’s a cracking test match. Love watching test matches in Caribbean this time of year. Always brings me back to the cracking frank worrell series circa 2000 where Lara almost beat the aussies on his own.

1 Like

Fucking hell, there’s barely two men and a dog in Barbados for this.

Test matches in the Caribbean have become really dispiriting occasions. Nobody there, slow and low pitches, and a substandard Windies team (almost none of whose best players are available for Tests for various reasons).

1 Like

Nicely poised at Tea on Day 4 of the deciding 3rd test in Dominica. Pakistan 376 & 72/5, West Indies 247 - a lead of 201 for Pakistan.