Test Match Cricket

The WA police could be a lot more efficient than the Brit cops in this matter

1 Like

Incidentally, Glen Maxwell finished up with 278 for Vic against Nsw at the weekend.

Still think England and Wales will win 3-2

CaptaIn fucking Obvious strikes again.

That’s my line.

Win in Adelaide and it’s game on again. English victories in Australia are far more likely to occur in Adelaide, Melbourne and Sydney. That’s where the three innings wins in 2010/11 all occurred. Brisbane and Perth have never been happy hunting grounds for England.

A simple yes or no will do

Yes

You’re wrong about Bairstow @GeoffreyBoycott. He had serious technical deficiencies earlier in his career when he was batting up the order. To his credit, he worked on those during his time out of the team and I’m sure he could do a very good job in the top five now. Sure you can turn the odd game with a big innings with the tail at 7, but you are far more likely to win a game from up the order. Australia had the luxury of batting Gilchrist at 7 because they had an outstanding top order. I strongly suspect he wouldn’t have been allowed to stay at 7 if they had the likes of Vince and Malan up there.

3 Likes

I’m not wrong about Bairstow failing to produce it further up the order for England, he hasn’t. Whether he can change that around now if he’s promoted is a different issue. His record is far better at 7. I don’t see any changes to the batting order for Adelaide. Stoneman (twice), Vince, Root, Moeen (twice) and Bairstow All had starts and were well set and none kicked on. Cook is the only batsman you could say is horribly out of form.

It is a very narrowly correct point, but utterly shorn of context. The vast chasm he was leaving between bat and pad back then would have been exposed wherever he was batting in the line up.

We need your man from the rnlib, or whatever they’re called, to settle this argument.

10 wicket win in the end. Roll on Adelaide, must win for England.
Any sign of Stokes getting on a plane?

1 Like

Abject really. Lose in Adelaide and it’s 5-0.

Even then the Steve Smith detractors win’t acknowledge his brilliance **
The whole Bairstow headbutting thing seems to be a storm in a tea cup, nothing to see here.

** watch Geoffrey lose his shit over that remark.

What am I meant to be losing my head over here? Don’t understand whatever point it is you’re trying to make.

That’s like lads who haven’t been selected for a British Loins tour just happening, by pure coincidence, to be “on holiday” in an adjacent country.

1 Like

He is a kiwi in fairness

2 Likes

Australia 161-4 in the day/night test. Smith just gone for 40. Key moment in the match now.