Test Match Cricket

Any good quality stream for this lads?

Try cricfree.sc should have one

Who won the toss?

Root put them in. Seems it didn’t do as much as he thought it would, and bowlers were too short in length early on.

1 Like

I always go back to what Ian Chappell said after Edgbaston 2005. Nine times out of ten when you win the toss, you bat first. The tenth time you consider having a bowl, but you bat anyway.

2 Likes

I think that saying goes back a lot further than 2005 to be fair. There are times when inserting makes sense, this wasn’t one of them. In Root’s defence though and having seen the highlights now, they wasted the new ball with the length they bowled. That’s poor from two vastly experienced bowlers.

Didn’t get to watch or even read up on any of the Day 1 proceedings. What looks a par score on the wicket?

Pitch not dissimilar to the one at the Gabba. 350 is good

1 Like

300+. It’s a bit slow like the gabba was. Dull and rainy.

1 Like

323-7. England in trouble

England have bowled reasonably well so far today but haven’t had much luck. Jimmy Anderson had two DRS referrals for lbw that were awarded overturned. Both narrowly going over. Need to wrap this up quickly now.

Marsh is answering his critic

Will @Fitzy be man enough to hold his hands up and acknowledge he was very badly wrong on Shaun Marsh? His personal attacks on Marsh really were vindictive and completely uncalled for.

1 Like

That I was wrong about a 34 year old, completely injury prone player who has been dropped and recalled nine times by Australia? It’s about time he repaid some if the seemingly unending faith in him.

1 Like

I thought anyone getting 300 on this wicket in a day / night test would be doing well. England are in trouble here, I could see Australia ripping through them, when they eventually get a bat.

1 Like

You have a really nasty vindictive way about you. Man up and admit you were wrong about Shaun Marsh and your disgusting personal attacks on him were unwarranted.

Marsh gets his century. 402-7. Cummins 41 n.o. It’s going to be ugly.

Terrific from Shaun Marsh. @Fitzy will be seething.

England crying out for a Mark Wood or Liam Plunkett and that bit of pace to knock over the tail.

Yeah it’s powder puff compared to what the Aussies have.

KP calling it right now.