Test Match Cricket

You could be right at 53 / 3 with Root gone.

80/4 , Cook gone now

Malan gone, 106/5.
What chance the follow on?

123-5

206-7. A bit of fight from Woakes and Overton but a poor performance as expected.

@GeoffreyBoycott. Backtracking on your prediction?

We’re not going to win this test now and we’ll have to bat very diligently second innings to save it.

Does your prediction still stand or did you get it wrong?

Looks like I got it wrong mate. Let my heart rule my head with that prediction. We had no chance in Australia without our best player Ben Stokes.

Here comes the asterisk.

1 Like

So all out for 227. The lead is 215.
29 overs left this evening, they’ll bat well into tomorrow, will probably declare again as I don’t think this England team can bowl them out and then over a day and a half to win it.
Jesus, that shot Root got out for was terrible.
On the other hand, how about Nathan Lyon’s caught and bowled, wonderful stuff from Gary.

Who’s Gary?

Nathan “Gary” Lyon. There is a local hero called Gary Lyons and they call Nathan after him. Rubby league or Aussie rules, can’t remember.

Remember when Jim Stynes died hearing tributes from a former teammate Garry Lyon. Think he spells it with two R’s though.

Who’s Gary?

Two quick wickets for England there. Warner and Khawaja joining Bancroft back in the pavilion. 41/3.

Smith given out on an lbw that looked out all day Survives by a fraction on review. Some of the ball was inside the line so should have remained out on umpires call.

Smith gone now though. 50/4. Bit of a colllapse here.

Nightwatchman Nathan (Gary or Garry) Lyon nearly out first ball. Ball is seriously moving now. Some spell there from Jimmy Anderson. Steve Smith should have enforced the follow on.

Australia 53/4 at stumps on Day 3, a lead of 268.

It’s nicely poised but no doubt England will have to get about 350 to win. Can’t see them batting any length of time.

1 Like