Test Match Cricket

I’m watching Channel 9 here for a while. KP is commentating.
My god, he is an insufferable prick, he is a fucking useless commentator. I’d say he is a horrible person to be around.

2 Likes

Who else is on 9? Punter is excellent on BT.

Tubby Taylor who is generally good, Chapelli who is getting a bit annoying, Michael Slater, a complete prick who I can’t stand, Shane Warne, possibly the greatest cricketer ever and who is a very good commentator and that corporate lickspittle Mark Nicholas.
Thankfully Tony Greig is no longer with us.
How we miss Richie.

I’m off to do the washing up and on goes (thankfully) the brilliant ABC team captained by the incomparable Jim Maxwell.

Slater is an oddball, fucked off the footy show for being a prick

1 Like

I’m probably about to jinx him but Root is looking in good nick, 37 n.o. Runs are drying up now last few overs and pressure is building on Malan, just 4 singles off 34 deliveries. 113/3. Make that 117/3, a first boundary for Malan.

They need to survive to the close.

Can someone answer a query. I know nothing about cricket so this is probably a very stupid question but why would you declare when you have players that are not out? Would you not keep going until they are out?

You still have to take 20 wickets to win a test match regardless of how many runs you pile on. England had been in the field for 145 overs, a day and two thirds when Australia declared. That’s draining when you’re in the field that long in the Australian summer. With the floodlights coming on as well, tough conditions to bat in, rationale was a tired England have 25-30 overs to face and we could easily pick up 4-5 wickets. England caught a lucky break there that the rain came and they only had to face 9 overs and lost just one wicket.

1 Like

With joe root at crease England can win this. 200 runs with 7 wickets in hand is far from impossible. Root will need to make 150 however

1 Like

As long as Root stays there, England have a chance but Malan, Moeen and Bairstow need to stay with him to chalk off most of the runs. They’ll still be about 120-130 runs shy when the new ball arrives in the morning.

do you want to change your prediction again?

2 Likes

I’ll change the prediction I made this morning. England will get more than 200 runs. They won’t get more than 250 though.

It’s nicely poised mate

Oz 1/2 on

Malan clean bowled by Cummins. Beaten by pure pace. 169/4

ruh roh

176/4 at stumps on Day 4. That’s nearly half the target chalked off. 178 more still needed.

3/7 is generally the split I’d work off with test totals. Ie half the total to be achieved with 3 down the other half taking 7. England slightly behind that metric but well in this

If they could get the target to under a hundred without losing more wickets theyd have a chance.
Can’t see it though. I’d have aus priced about 1:4

It’s possible but they need to make the most of the first session tomorrow. Don’t force it.