Test Match Cricket

Thought as much…The wicketkeeper Prior must be close to 40…

Nope, he’s just one of those lads that’s gone bald from the front at a ridiculously early age. He’s a few years off even being 30 as far as I know. Don’t think he’s the long term answer as test match 'keeper for them though.

EDIT: you are indeed correct

would you believe 26?

india have drifted to even money to win test while draw is also at evens. presuming bad weather could be forecast. might well listen to some of commentary later.

Rain’s forecast for large periods of the first three days Larry. I might still have an interest on India at evens though.

any idea if radio coverage is on radio four or talk sport bandage? might try and watch some of it tomorrow but could be up some of the night listening to it on radio as crash bang wallop has caused pretty bad chest pain for me.

Not sure larry. But I hope the chest pain eases off.

thanks bandage. rock has been noticeably absent from fingal in this time of crisis so i appreciate your concern all the more.

I have some recollection of listening to the Ashes from Australia in 2006/07 on Radio Five live.

Good start for E&W 155-1 nearing the tea interval. Cook made 52 and Strauss going well at 80. Not a lot in the pitch for the bowlers apparently. Harbajhan Singh got the wicket.

Five live or BBC radio 4 on LW for the live commentary.

Currently 189/3 with Pieterson and Collingwood in I think. Both under pressure according to Sky. Still good first day by E&W

It’s Strauss and Colly out there at present - KP went cheaply a little while ago. It’s a good toss to win as you never want to be batting last on an Indian wicket but the two wickets after tea have pegged the English and Welsh back and India will be happy enough if they can knock over another one or two before close of play.

201/4 with Strauss and Flintoff. India haven’t taken new ball. Pitch is beginning to turn.

229/5 - India will be delighted with that final session. Jimmy Anderson’s in with Flintoff as nightwatchman but England have a long enough tail what with Prior struggling for runs and India will be confident of knocking them over for 300 tomorrow.

Judging by the betting markets this test looks finely poised with draw being the current favourite with the bookies. Looks to have being a big toss for E&W to win so vital that India get some wickets early tomorrow and then post a big score in their first innings. Are all tests five days now?

They are indeed 5 day affairs now larry. Saw the wickets at lunchtime - Collingwood, while lucky to retain his place in the side ahead of Owais Shah, got an absolute shocker of a decision from that all singing, all dancing clown Billy Bowden. But it appeared Flintoff got a reprieve from a clear enough bat/pad catch late on so the decisions evened themselves out. I’d say it’s slight advantage to India myself.

India currently 63/3 in their first innings with Tendulkar and Laxman in. They trail E&W by 250 odd runs. Not looking good is it.

Don’t discount the Indians by any means larry. Yuvraj, Dhoni, Harbhajan and even Zaheer have plenty of potential runs in them, not to mention the two at the crease now. They’ll have been well happy to dismiss the English and Welsh for 316 given they were 164/1 at tea on Day 1. What a first over in test cricket for Graeme Swann with his two wickets - I wonder if he’ll replicate the Aussie spinner Krezja who took 12 wickets on debut against India recently. We’re on course to get a result in the match if the rain stays away too - I still think it’s very even.

fair play to Swann for getting such a good start in his test career.
rahul dravid is second only to peiterson in his odiousness(?) as a human being.
This has the makings of a cracking test series and looks evenly matched.
If flintoff gets his act together he could dismantle india on his own as its him they fear, not that mutton-headed south african.