Test Match Cricket

Yeah India are actually favourtites at the mo. Two lads in at the moment are doing well and looked to have played themselves in and have partnership of 50. Scoreboard looks a lot healthier now than 37/3 though still not in an alltogether strong position by any means. If rain stays away the draw looks very unlikely.

Dravid looks like a shadow of the player he was a couple of years ago. Tendulkar’s still got it - an incredible player.

98/4 bollox. Laxman caught and bowled by Monty. But of an odd wicket.

Fuck. Flintoff just got Tendulkar. England and Wales well in the box seat having taken those two wickets.

India have just beaten Australia at home so if they have ambitions of becoming the best test nation in the world then this is a sticky situation that they need to play their way out of. When Australia were untouchable 6 or 7 years ago, they’d find themselves in serious trouble the odd time after losing 4 or 5 wickets cheaply enough and then Gilchrist or someone would come in and make a huge hundred to wrestle back control. India need something special from their own wicketkeeper batsman - step forward now MS Dhoni! Yuvraj has destroyed England in pyjamas cricket so let’s see what he’s made of now when he’s being hit with all sorts of short pitched stuff. Are you a weiner like Michael Bevan who can look good in fake cricket or do you have the ability to guts it out in a proper match? Come on the fooking Indians!

And Yuvraj is gone for 14! I know he’s only playing his 4th test match but he’s averaging under 20 so far as opposed to 50+ in pyjamas cricket. He needs to show he possesses the balls to survive in real cricket. It’s 150/6 with Dhoni and Harbhajan at the crease.

Pretty amazing day. E&W posted what looked like a piss poor total. You would expect 100 more runs between them than what Bell, Pietersen and Collingwood actually scored. But it must be a tricky wicket to play on. Pietersen seems to be poxed lucky as a captain or inspired he got wickets almost every time he made a bowling change. He put Swann in for one over before tea and he got 2 wickets. He put Harmison back on and he got a wicket the next over. He gave the ball back to Flintoff and he got Tendulkar with his first delivery. Advntage england now but Dhoni is there and Harbhajan Singh is also handy enough with the bat.

England and Wales are dominating the test match now - apologies larryduff! They bowled India out for 241, for a lead of 75 and now they’re 161/3 after Strauss and Collingwood’s unbroken 100 partnership following 3 early wickets. Strauss is on course for a century in each innings and they look like they’ll rack up an unassailable lead and have a day and a half to bowl India out. Earlier, Dhoni and Harbhajan batted well but once Bhajy went then Dhoni showed no faith in the tail and got himself out soon later when he could have been more patient and nudged them closer to the English and Welsh tally.

india are chasing 380 odd to win but have started their innings strongly and are cuurently 130/1 in last over. would be huge achievement for india to win would it not as pitch is showing big signs of turning? remember reading some stat about highest total team batting fourth have gotten and it was remarkably low.

Seems like I missed an incredible day’s cricket. larry, I think the highest ever 4th innings score to win a test match at this venue is 155 so it would be a phenomenal achievement if India could pull it off. Vintage Sehwag it appears too. A superb test match for Strauss with his two centuries and Collingwood often comes up trumps when his place is in doubt. It will still be a big ask for India to get another 250 on a final day wicket but they have a really strong batting line-up. I love test matches when all 4 results are possible on the final day.

But 347 has been scored batting fourth to TIE a match versus Australia. And India scored 380 here in the ODI series. If England lose it will be because they scored at a snails pace today. Strauss and Collingwood crawled along. Fair enough you won’t expect an opener and a scratcher to rip it on but they had wickets in hand to attack. But then again, Bell and Pietersen both failed to score decent runs again in the 2nd inns to set up a bigger platform. All to play for, I reckon India will win now.

Only saw the highlights of that day’s cricket but that was fantastic. England disintegrated a bit but Sehwag’s performance was extraordinary. Fair fucks to him - really quality last day possible now.

The first test between New Zealand and West Indies is heading for a draw but fair play to Windies’ bowler Jerome Taylor who scored a century despite never having scored a first class fifty before.

India win with six wickets to spare. Tendulkar scored an unbeaten century to take them over the line. Sehwag gave them an incredible platform.

Awesome, awesome stuff by the Indians. Sachin is one of the greatest sportsmen of all time. Legend. Fair play to Yuvraj for responding too. I can’t believe Panesar went wicketless for over a hundred runs on a 5th day turning pitch.

A Few of the pundits are questioning Monty a bit at the moment. Swann did ok for a debutant in comparison.

Fantastic stuff. Won a tidy sum. Thanks for the initial tip rock and thanks to bandage for giving me courage to go ahead and place bet and put mortgage on it. Looking forward to catching the highlights later.

Never in doubt larry, never in doubt. :wink:

india are even money to win next test which starts on friday. weather permitting i can only see them winning after scare they got in last test. any element of complacency will be gone and doubtful that england and wales will have same high scorers in next test. share my optimism bandage?

I’d say India will win the second test handy enough.