Test Match Cricket

All out for 275, they’ll be happy with that.

Kohl’s last man out on 149. Expensive dropping him as early as 21. 92 put on for last two wickets and what looked like was going to be a healthy first innings lead for England is only a lead of 13.

Nicely poised now.

Cook out last ball of the day. England 287 & 9/1 India 274. A lead of 22.

England’s old failing of missing the pace you need to skittle out the lower order rears it’s head again. India were variously 59/3, 100/5 and 182/8 but got up to 274.

I’m going tomorrow.

3 Likes

That was a very good chance missed dropping Kohli on 21. Very expensive. Not a good day for Cook. He’ll surely be gone after his summer unless he scores a few runs.

1 Like

Tis a joke he is still in that squad.

He’ll go and score 289 not in his next innings.

No one has made a case to replace him. But agree that he is done

1 Like

The gomey face on him as he is out early doors once again is reason enough to drop him.

2 Likes

Disaster of a morning. 86/6. Last two wickets lost just before lunch. This will be over today.

87/7
Bad light stops play? Huh? I thought you were in the middle of a glorious summer there Geoff

We are. Bit of cloud cover but back underway now soon. They’re desperate to get this into Saturday at least. It’s bad news when a test match doesn’t even get to the weekend. Wise decision to go today, instead of tomorrow.

Were you going tomorrow? Jesus that’s poor. Kohli would be insufferable now.

No, here today. Had a pass for one day, today or tomorrow.

174/8

Broad gone now.

Engurland all out for 180.

India need 194 to win first test.

Reading in my match Programme that India’s highest ever successful run chase in England was 174 at the Oval in 1971.

Post up that article, mate.

India 103/5. Kohli 39 no. Get him soon and they have a chance.