Test Match Cricket

I’d say he loves a good feed.

The Windies were a bit slow filing back out after the designated 40 minute lunch break.

2 Likes

India beat the Windies by 257 runs for an unassailable 2-0 lead in the series.

Fourth test getting underway at Old Trafford shortly. Australia have won the toss and have elected to bat.

One change for England. Craig Overton replaces Chris Woakes. Denly to open the batting and Jason Roy drops to four. Would have liked to have seen one change in the batting order. Ben Stokes heroics papering over what’s still a very flimsy batting line up.

Two changes for Australia. Mitchell Starc replaces Pattinson and Sandpaper is back in, Khawaja dropped.

Stuart Broad has done Warner again. Out for a duck, fourth ball of the first over. 1/1.

:ronnyroar:

Broad picks up the wicket of Marcus Harris, caught lbw. Australia burn one of their reviews getting it looked at. No lessons learned there from Headingley on the use of reviews. 28/2.

Harris. Is that the guy that was no good in England the last time?

Warner has to be one of the worst opening batsmen in Ashes history
This series has hardly been vintage but he has to be (statistically) at the lower echelons

hopefully things will settle down by friday afternoon into saturday and we’ll have some decent tense cricket

72/2. The England bowling has been pretty ragged on the whole this morning.

No play since lunch with persistent rain. Don’t know who thought it was a good idea to have a test match in Manchester in September. Do well to get a result here.

I presume Australia are going well?

2 Likes

Smudge approaching his ton now. 230/5 or so. Archer dropped him on 65.
8 consecutve Ashes innings now scoring a half century or more. Some going.

318/5 Sandpaper Man 144no

Leach had him but unforgivably for a Spinner it was a No Ball.

Roy dropped an easy chance to get Paine out too just after lunch. The English getting no luck really but that’s no surprise after previous game.

Archer struggling too…

England have been very scratchy and sloppy all series. No balls, loose bowling, dropped catches, batsmen giving away wickets, poor selection (injured players) and substandard captaincy in the field. Stokes heroics at Headingley and the freakishness of it all meant all of that was temporarily forgotten. Australia have been much more disciplined in all aspects bowling, batting and fielding.

2 Likes

Ben Stokes has pulled up injured. A bowler down now as well.

I know nothing about cricket so pardon me my ignorance but why isn’t there that much of a crossover between players playing 1 day vs test cricket? For instance why isn’t Eoin Morgan playing in the ashes?

They would have to put blinkers on him for test cricket. All the empty seats would make him nervous.

3 Likes

It’s shocking considering the conditions should be suiting the English bowling attack.