Test Match Cricket

Be some going for England if they somehow managed to limp 1-1 to a deciding test at the Oval. They’ve been pretty much second fiddle in all departments since the start of the Series.

Australia will want to win the Series anyway. It’s their longest drought without winning an Ashes series in England. There hasn’t been a drawn Ashes series since 1972. I’d imagine that retaining the Ashes after a drawn series would ring a bit hollow when there’s only 4/5 survivors on either side from last series.

1 Like

We will be happy retaining the ashes

1 Like

You a spokesperson for the Australia cricket team?

I’m Australian

1 Like

Are you ready @GeoffreyBoycott?

I’m not too confident that Stokes, Bairstow & Buttler can get this done.

You quisling

1 Like

Bairstow gone, Starc bowls him out with new ball.

Australia cannot lose this game now.

Should drop Bairstow for Foakes.

Denly, Roy and Buttler all need dropping ahead of Bairstow.

Roy for sure. But bairstow isn’t exactly kicking on career wise.

England have gone with the same top 7 four tests running, which is a damning indictment when there’s four there that could be dropped.

Australia’s batting Sandpaper and Labuschagne apart hasn’t been too hectic either but it has been better than England and their selectors have correctly dropped Bancroft and Khawaja.

It seems to be close impossible to get dropped from this England team once you’re on it.

1 Like

Stokes gone 243/7. England not going to reach the follow on mark but all academic. Australia wouldn’t have enforced it anyway.

Red Rover now, Archer sleep walking between the wickets.

Archer looks injured. He barely got into the 80’s when he was bowling.

A truly embarrassing performance from one & all here.

Archer gone now.

All the batting has been focused on the one day game for the last four years.

Nasser took a close look at Roots setup feet wise from 2 years ago to this year.
It seems he has totally forgotten how to move his front foot and it’s killing him.

Who is batting coach with England? Is it Graham Thorpe?

England 278/8 at lunch. They’ve batted out 98 overs so far at 2.83 an over.

Australia scored 497/8 dec at 3.94 an over in 126 overs.

There’s been 70 overs lost over first three days. If England could somehow survive 15-20 overs after lunch, they’d still have reasonably good prospects of a draw. That could be an important last half hour before lunch there, not losing any more wickets with 8 down. English bowlers need to be a lot more disciplined and tight and get that Australian run rate down to about 3 an over.

Lose?

Ffs

I’m having a relaxing day smoking herb & sitting in an armchair.