Test Match Cricket

England 236-4. no collapse

1 Like

Yet

Be a grand oul way of spending the winter being in that squad.

2 Likes

England 277/4 to 295/8 in just under 4 overs.

David Warner finding the Pakistani bowling much more to his like than Stuart Broad and Jofra Archer. After knocks of 8, 2, 3, 5, 61, 0, 0, 0, 5, 11 in England he’s 151 not out at the Gabba.

Refer to my post above.

oh jesus

can someone remind me how a 1999 or 2000 test series in england against new zealand went?
i think it may have been the summer test series after the 99 WC or maybe an early summer series before Curtly Ambrose , Shivnarane Chanderpaul et al battered england in a 5 match later that summer

i remember daniel vettori was cleaning up

He was an absolute gentleman, one of the great cricketers of his generation.

If he wins, he will be only the 5th cricketer to take the award

Was that the series where Alex Tudor scored 99no in the 4th innings at Lords? Graham Thorpe hit the winning run denying him the century. New Zealand and England were great series back then. Chris Cairns and Brendan McCollum were legends.

i see joe root converted 2 50s into centuries on his way to 226

CC @ChairmanDan

David Warner scored 335 n.o. vs Pakistan but you wouldn’t hear anyone blowing about it.

1 Like

True, but given roots difficulties converting 50 to a century I thought Dan would like to know

I rate Root the best batsman technique wise in test cricket and the best England have had since David Gower. He should be weighing in with tons every other test. Series looks lost for England. New Zealand after an early wobble, losing both openers cheaply got to 96-2 at stumps on Day 4, just 5 runs behind. England going to have to bowl them out cheaply in about 50 overs and then knock off the runs. That’s a tall order.

1 Like

Tim Southee and Trent Boult a tougher proposition than what the Pakistan attack have offered up in Australia. Australia have won both tests by an innings with Pakistan only taking 13 wickets across the two tests.

David Warner accounted for 154 of the 580 runs at the Gabba and 334 n.o. out of 589/3 dec in Adelaide. That’s 488 runs at an average of 488 for the series. That’ll do wonders for his average after knocks of 8, 2, 3, 5, 61, 0, 0, 0, 5, 11 in England - 95 runs at an average of 9.50.

Cheers Statto, knew you’d oblige.

1 Like

New Zealand have moved from 96/2 to 161/2 since the start of play on Day 5. Draw and a 1-0 series win for New Zealand a near certainty.

1 Like

First time in 20 years England and Wales have gone a calendar year without a series win, ironically in a year they were awarded a World Cup.