TFK Capitalist Thread

Agreed. Can’t see what’s going to pop this bubble at the moment.

Certainly commercial property is at or near the top.

Global equities starting to crumble. Is the sun finally setting on the central bank rally?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSUIQgEVDM4

Yeah you’re spot on.

2 Likes

I think it’s the dawning of the realization that the most capitalistest president ever elected is actually a bigly protectionist and wasn’t actually joking about bringing back in tariffs.
For what it’s worth I think there is some merit to his madness but the markets hate uncertainty above all else.
Some of the tech valuations are insane as well, can’t stay that way forever.

Huh. Trump made clear what he was going to do before he got in. Not sure where the “most capitalist President” of all time comes from or was ever uttered - he said he was going to be the Jobs president. His policies were 80% standard GOP with aggressive trade policy the primary difference from orthodoxy.

Let’s get serious on this thread - does this have anything to do with Bitcoin smashing through $6k last night?

Bitcoin is the new Gold, a safe (maybe?) haven.

We’re back :ronnyroar::ronnyroar:

1 Like

https://youtu.be/KTf5j9LDObk

You think the US will cancel these tariffs before midnight deadline later @anon7035031? Trump/Xi have a called scheduled after the trade talks. His rhetoric today stating how the alternative (tariffs) are great for the US sounds like he’s going to hold firm… markets still not really believing that there won’t be a deal reached

I think Trump is threatening tariffs to get to a deal and expect a deal of some sorts to be announced tomorrow. China has a lot more to lose and cannot afford further tariffs.

Tariffs come into effect at midnight tonight so there has to be an announcement to cancel them if that’s the case

On exports from China that leave China after tomorrow, so leaves a bit of wiggle room.

1 Like

US futures down bigly, will be interesting to see where Europe opens in 15mins.

The Uber IPO was a bit of a flop?

UBER is just hype

2 Likes

taxi for uber

1 Like

and not very safe.

Black cab drivers have a far stronger tradition of predatory rape.

1 Like