TFK Capitalist Thread

racist

Careful with your wording mate

1 Like

:joy: Ye are correct. Poorly worded.

Tesla shares below $200. Free money, guys.

I tried to warn you mate

1 Like

Now is the time to average down. This is literally the opportunity of a lifetime.

1 Like

It was only a few short months ago you were saying it was a buy at 320, down to below 200 this morning.
I think I’ll wait this one out.

You’ll be able to buy them for kindling shortly.

Catch a falling knife and put it in your pocket, save it for a rainy day

Good recap on everything here

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-05-20/tesla-s-profit-target-is-kilimanjaro-like-climb-wedbush-says

If Tesla is unable to earn profit in the second half of the year, the company may need to raise another $1 billion to $2 billion of capital, Ives said in an interview with Bloomberg Television.

It was $290 then, not $320.

It’s even more of a bargain now anyway.

2 Likes

I hope it drops to $10. I’ll buy the whole fucking company then.

2 Likes

You’re a highly experienced TFKer. Double down, BTFD.

Have you $1.7bn hanging around?

Fed up in an hours time. Biggest decison under Powell’s tenure. Prediction, no cut, the statement will replace ‘patient’ with ‘flexible’, most likely indicating 25bps July cut. S&P sheds mininmal amout of points, Dow levels of to 26,300 or so.

If Powell cuts now at close to all time equity highs and record employment, acquiescing to Trump, he’s a coward

1 Like

The market has got a bit ahead of itself though, anticipating a series of rate cuts this year and next. While a rate cut might give an initial pop to equities, it is the ultimate sell signal as it confirms the Fed see a recession coming. Agree Powell is in a really tough spot.

In their sixth restructuring in 5 years Deutsche bank have announced they are exiting equities trading and resizing their fixed income operations, and will lay off about 20,000 staff. Is this the Lehman moment for European banks?

Powell now in a tougher spot after a good jobs report in June. Trump continues to pressure him to lower rates with 2020 in mind while the US economy still looks healthy. The market doesn’t like uncertainty so expect volatility to rise in the coming weeks.

Surely this sort of thing has been priced into Deutsche for a while. An orderly wind-down should reduce contagion too you’d imagine.

Netflix down >10% in aftermarket trading after reporting big decline in new subscribers.