TFK Capitalist Thread

Most importantly

People will live with less heat. A pints increase might actually get the irish on the street

Target inflation is 2%. We aren’t after deflation here.

11 years for Elizabeth Holmes

2 Likes

Daddy Iger is back in the saddle at Disney, pre market loves it

“Renewed growth”

That’ll learn Chapek, you dont turn on the kingmaker.

I don’t agree with this solely because tech layoffs are themselves a top down signal on wages. I’d say a couple of things will bring hourly wages “into line”- people who moved into “white collar” during Covid returning there and immigration flowing again.

Lad I know contracting got the bullet there lately but he had two interviews lined up the same day. There is still a shortage of programmers. They might be a bit cheaper though

It’s the fat in overheads that they’re clearing. Getting more efficient at hiring etc after the splurge. Also a big opportunity to cut down in facility expenses and admin expenses post Covid.

Re programmes etc, know plenty of similar cases to yourself. People moving on after a round of layoffs as they didn’t like the vibes and walking straight into new roles. Some of them going to our SMEs in developer and engineering roles which is very positive as they were struggling to hire.

1 Like

it’s the same every Q4 for contractors/consultants. You work on max 6 month gigs and almost every Q4 I get stood down only to come back in Q1 on a higher daily for the same long running project. It actually happened in Q3 this year and I came back in Q4 which is novel

2 Likes

Just be sure you’re sticking enough into your pension.

i have a fella i trust doing financial advice for me… he’s big on that

Fix the roof whilst the sun is shining.

4 Likes

The budget merry go round is gas. I would say 70% of offsite meetings are held in Q1

2 Likes

I think its just an opportunity to clear deadwood for most places. You have to get rid of the contractors first but you can take them back then once you have cleaned house

I see your old favourite Beyond Meat gets a mention in the replies :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Bump. Tesla is hype

Lucky twitter is holding its value

The ould lads heart sank this morning when I told him how much the Kerry Group shares were down this year :disappointed: