TFK Capitalist Thread

Fire up the studies that show no correlation between GRE scores and final outcomes in PhD programs (GRE scores are for entry to PhD programs only).

You’re inventing a woke narrative to justify an insane admissions policy, the existing admissions policy was highly inclusive. As you’d know if you ever set foot inside a US academic institution

2 Likes

Have you ever been on the receiving end? I doubt many of our generation really have.

I’m a pale stale male, so yes I have.

I would say having your risk management manager focussed on diversity training rather than risk management is a risky endevour. But sure what would I know haivng worked in Silicon Valley for decades and watching the madness unfold.

Is the risk manager attending diversity training why the bank invested in low yield T-bills?

Fun fact: Peter Thiel is an anagram of “The Reptile”.

A “woke narrative.” I mean FFS sake - can you not debate anything properly?

Anyway, as you seem incapable of doing your own research here’s a couple of examples:

No, but it might have been the reason why they weren’t paying attention to their balance sheet as their assets lost value.

Amazing… Lineker is still warm in his grave and we’re now experts in American banking and financial regulations.

5 Likes

This was printed in the Wall Street Journal today. It’s a Rupert Murdoch organ.

1 Like

We’re only asking questions here…

In all fairness I’d suspect that’s highly unlikely and if you weren’t dug in on an Internet forum you’d suspect the same.

2 Likes

Yeah I’d say that was the problem alright, just like it was for Lehman Brothers.

Oh look, a few woke academics who support the woke narrative that testing is racist have written papers supporting their batshit ideas. Brilliant debating sir.

Tierneevin - Show me the evidence!!! :angry: :rage:

Tierneevin - The evidence is woke.

I think gobshite is the accepted academic term for such intellect.

“After the break, how Anglo-Irish Bank was run into the ground by a secret cabal of pink haired black lesbians.”

Look mate, ny cat would know more about academia than you would.

It’s fascinating the lads who are experts in modern warfare tactics have stepped up to the plate again to explain the backdrop to this.

5 Likes

For example, at the same time she was responsible for managing risks associated with SVB’s European, African and Middle Eastern portfolios, Ersapah oversaw a month-long Pride campaign.

Leaving aside all of the 50 other reasons it is complete nonsense. Their European, African and Middle Eastern Portfolios were fine sure. It was their American portfolio that blew up.

Suspect all you like, you would be wrong (as you admit yourself). By no means one of the leading factors, but definitley a factor.

How many diversity trainings have you attended in the past few years?