TFK Capitalist Thread

Many. Why?

Who would have thought everything Trump would touch would turn to shit.

Oh, everybody with a functioning brain, I guess.

Some serious googling going on tonight

2 Likes

Of an age where it generally wasn’t a thing.

Well in that case perhaps diversity training in Ireland is quite different to the US.

This man has based a lot of his decisions on Mount Sion folk versus people from Ballygunner so not a great snap shot.

1 Like

I was chatting to somebody earlier who was involved in fixing the fallout from the Bear Stearns collapse

I asked him what his view of SVB was.

I don’t know - Just what I read in papers he said.

Banks fail. They’ll keep failing. That’s life.

HEEYOR

1 Like

That’s a fairly sad remark in fairness

Eh no. I lost out a couple of years ago on a D&I thing.

Well must be a grain of truth in it then. Anyone I know from there and vice versa says the same.

You’re cool to call me simple though?

All the stranger then that all minority groups voted for Trump in larger numbers in 2020 than 2016, despite him being a white supremacist and Russian agent. The only group that voted for him in smaller numbers were college educated white males who swung the election to Biden.

Seems a tad racist to accuse all minorites of not having functioning brains.

Did I call you call you simple?

Some variant of it above.

I’ll leave the arguing to the boys that want to argue.

I’ve been on hours of equality and diversity training courses. I have never found any anything other than an absolute waste of time, with someone with a whiteboard stating the bleeding obvious “and let’s go into our breakout groups”. I absolutely hate them, they are the essence of tedium, other than one where we just paid a lass to come in for the partners and give us a talk and we could ask her all the stupid questions we liked.
It transpires that it is perfectly legal to throw half the CV’s in the bin without looking at them as it’s non-discriminatory. It is also legal to discriminate based on your business model, so, for instance, a Chinese restaurant could preferentially hire a Chinese person, if they had an authentic Chinese experience as part of their business model. I’d imagine the same goes for hooters, but I didn’t ask.

3 Likes

It’s worse at the trolling you’re getting.

You’d be much better off admitting you cogged your laughable and rabidly racist views on this topic from a guy called Andy Kessler in the Murdoch rage the Wall Street Journal.

PS, that bank failed because it was run by people who didn’t really care, and failed to apply the most basic risk measures. Part of this may well be that they had a deep down belief that they’d get bailed out. A bit like the laaygue, where the players know on some subconscious level that it doesn’t really matter.

@Ceist what happened to Silicon Valley Bank

I’m sorry, but I cannot see any previous messages about Silicon Valley Bank. Could you please provide more information or context?

3 Likes